Glaring Omission

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

pigskinpatriot
Starter

I got my ticket package in the mail today and it is a very sharp looking pile o' stuff . I have one problem though . There is a great calendar included with a different player for each month. No Jason Clermont. What the ? He's not a top twelve Leo any more ? exsqueeze me ? Is there something to read between the lines here ? Your thoughts ?...............
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think you're reading too much into the omission. Since there is only 12 months in the year somebody will have to be omitted. A case could be made for everybody that was left out. He was on the calendar last year.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't call it glaring. More like notable. Consider this, you could easily make a 2007 calendar featuring pretty much the defense alone.

You could just be reading too much into this.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Hey C4L, where's that quote in your sig from? It sounds vaguely familiar...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Soundy wrote:Hey C4L, where's that quote in your sig from? It sounds vaguely familiar...
A Few Good Men (1992)
Tighthead
Legend

Teams have been known to scale back the publicity on players who they may be dealing. When the calendars were ordered, it is possible that there were talks about moving #82.
Rammer
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:Teams have been known to scale back the publicity on players who they may be dealing. When the calendars were ordered, it is possible that there were talks about moving #82.
Quite possibly, and it just became safer to exclude JC from the calendar.
Entertainment value = an all time low
CartWheelFan
All Star

I am a HUGE Clermont fan myself, and I was a bit saddened to hear he might even be considering taking a crack @ the NFL next season. It was very unfortunate, his injury last season. But he was money in the Western Final! While it may be an omission, I don't really mind it so long as he has another solid healthy year on the field!

GO LIONS GO!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CartWheelFan wrote:I am a HUGE Clermont fan myself, and I was a bit saddened to hear he might even be considering taking a crack @ the NFL next season.
Really ?
Rammer
Team Captain

CartWheelFan wrote:I am a HUGE Clermont fan myself, and I was a bit saddened to hear he might even be considering taking a crack @ the NFL next season. It was very unfortunate, his injury last season. But he was money in the Western Final! While it may be an omission, I don't really mind it so long as he has another solid healthy year on the field!

GO LIONS GO!
I don't see that he will take an NFL shot next season, if he wanted to he could have done it this off season, through the NFL option year window.....unless his marriage was holding him back.
Entertainment value = an all time low
CartWheelFan
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:
CartWheelFan wrote:I am a HUGE Clermont fan myself, and I was a bit saddened to hear he might even be considering taking a crack @ the NFL next season.
Really ?
It was a while ago that I read it, I believe in the Province. Although I cannot in truth recall if it was just speculation on the part of the writer or not. However, I do see some logic behind a move in that direction for Jason. Still, with the injury last season it would make sense to play another full season here in BC to pad the stats and the resume before heading south.

I hope I am mistaken however as it would be a huge loss to the Lions.

Anyone care to speculate on how hard Wally is working to try to ensure that #82 is signed to a milti-year deal in the near future?

GO LIONS GO!!
Tighthead
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Tighthead wrote:Teams have been known to scale back the publicity on players who they may be dealing. When the calendars were ordered, it is possible that there were talks about moving #82.
Quite possibly, and it just became safer to exclude JC from the calendar.
When I was a passionate Expos fan, one thing the beat writers loved to do was pick over the media guide at spring training and see if any prominent players had been buried. It gave a pretty good idea of who was on the block.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:
When I was a passionate Expos fan
First Bosco, now you. Guess we found them all. 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Bosco
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:[
When I was a passionate Expos fan, one thing the beat writers loved to do was pick over the media guide at spring training and see if any prominent players had been buried. It gave a pretty good idea of who was on the block.
Another clue Tighthead, was to see if anyone bought a house in Montreal over the winter - that was a guaranteed sign that the player would soon be traded.

Yes LFTIQ...we may be few (Expos fans), but we're mighty! :lol:
Tighthead
Legend

I remember Pete Rose bought a big spread in Montreal, and he lasted less than one year...