Fan Fest June 9th

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Time for a little rant here.

It seems every year the Lions are getting a little more uppity about events like this. I know one family that brought a nephew down from the interior, and really wanted a picture of Brent Johnson and himself. Problem? Not in past years but this year the Lions decided to hide away Dickenson, Clermont, Geroy and Johnson in a separate building where you had to pay $10.00 for an autographed photo. Not cool.

And for season ticket holder's, do you think you could spring for a little more than a god awful hot dog? How about a hospitality tent or something where we could have gotten out of the rain, and had some options for some decent grub? You know like all the sponsor's got up in the fancy BBQ upstairs in the field house?

And this year they have roped off a lot of access to the players. The practice fields used to be accessible, now they have four fields all roped off . Crappy for taking pictures, or trying to see what other groups are working on.

This combined with the yearly ticket price increases, and the Lions better be damn careful they don't alienate the core group of fans that attend these events.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

David wrote:Pretty strong turnout yesterday, both in terms of Lionbackers and the general public. :thup:

Here is a sample of Lionbackers that turned up at Fanfest (please add the names of anyone I may have missed):

AC/DCrocks
B.C. Fan
Ballistic Bob
Blue Bomber Girl
Bosco
Canuck_4_Life
Charlene
D
David
Don Miller
I bleed Orange
LFITQ
Macnews
Nelson 95
Ophelia
Orange Shoes 99
Pacific
Prairiedog
Quesdad
Rammer
Shelion
Smphantom

* I think I saw Dan_Payne_Fan there but I'm not too sure.

DH 8)
Can I add Charlenes younger sister Tiffany and Sheilions better half Fuzzy. BB
smphantom
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Time for a little rant here.

It seems every year the Lions are getting a little more uppity about events like this. I know one family that brought a nephew down from the interior, and really wanted a picture of Brent Johnson and himself. Problem? Not in past years but this year the Lions decided to hide away Dickenson, Clermont, Geroy and Johnson in a separate building where you had to pay $10.00 for an autographed photo. Not cool.

And for season ticket holder's, do you think you could spring for a little more than a god awful hot dog? How about a hospitality tent or something where we could have gotten out of the rain, and had some options for some decent grub? You know like all the sponsor's got up in the fancy BBQ upstairs in the field house?

And this year they have roped off a lot of access to the players. The practice fields used to be accessible, now they have four fields all roped off . Crappy for taking pictures, or trying to see what other groups are working on.

This combined with the yearly ticket price increases, and the Lions better be damn careful they don't alienate the core group of fans that attend these events.
I agree with everything you said, and this years Fan Fest will likely be my last, if things remain status quo. I can think of much better things to do on a weekend than go all the way to Abbotsford for a lousy hot dog and see the same practice I see in Surrey during the week.

Improve things Bobby Ackles!
Stay thirsty my friends.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

smphantom wrote:

I agree with everything you said, and this years Fan Fest will likely be my last, if things remain status quo. I can think of much better things to do on a weekend than go all the way to Abbotsford for a lousy hot dog and see the same practice I see in Surrey during the week.

Gee and I thought you were having a good time. No soup for you. BB
smphantom
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:
smphantom wrote:

Gee and I thought you were having a good time. No soup for you. BB
I always have a good time when I party with fellow Lionbackers, but the Lions need to bring more to the party.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

You know, I just had a feeling I would read a post or two like this. :roll:

I can't disagree with the points made.. don't alienate your fans.
smphantom
Legend

Season ticket holders, need to be shown more appreciation. No matter how many seats we have, we still get 1 calender, fridge magnet schedule, 2 Orange Cards etc, etc. As Brian mentioned things could be better - could STH's not have had our own shelter/tent away from the rain with big juicy burgers, steak or ribs on a BBQ and DD, Brent Johnson, Geroy and LION82 mingling with us?

I appreciate the fact David Braley took care of the entire staff of the football club handing out GC rings, but don't forget who is helping pay your players salaries etc.
Stay thirsty my friends.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I agree with Orangeshoes. The Lions better not take the fans for granted. The best FanFest was the one they had at the old Expo grounds. They actually had a spaghetti dinner instead of a stale hotdog.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I agree with Orangeshoes. The Lions better not take the fans for granted. The best FanFest was the one they had at the old Expo grounds. They actually had a spaghetti dinner instead of a stale hotdog.
Were you out their yesterday to pass judgement? No you werent. BB
bbgirl
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:
BBgirl was there too.

I think I'm Blue Bomber Girl. :wink:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

HA! Maybe that's why I didn't recognize it...lol
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
MacNews
Team Captain

smphantom wrote:I always have a good time when I party with fellow Lionbackers, but the Lions need to bring more to the party.
Maybe ACD/Crocks spy cam pictures will cheer you up.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Pretty strong turnout yesterday, both in terms of Lionbackers and the general public. :thup:

Here is a sample of Lionbackers that turned up at Fanfest (please add the names of anyone I may have missed):

AC/DCrocks
B.C. Fan
Ballistic Bob
Blue Bomber Girl
Bosco
Canuck_4_Life
Charlene
D
David
Don Miller
I bleed Orange
LFITQ
Macnews
Nelson 95
Ophelia
Orange Shoes 99
Pacific
Prairiedog
Quesdad
Rammer
Shelion
Smphantom

* I think I saw Dan_Payne_Fan there but I'm not too sure.

DH 8)
yup that was me lol
2012 Season Ticket Holder
CB123
Legend

The best FanFest was the one they had at the old Expo grounds.
I really liked the one, i think it was 2 seasons ago? It was when it was actually at BC Place, and they had tons of different events, and I think almost all the players were there too. You could walk through the lockeroom and everything.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I noticed from Jay's pictures that the Felions changed their outdoor uniforms for this season from all black to all white. I'm looking forward to seeing their indoor uniforms for this season.