Fan Fest June 9th

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Charlene wrote: Live entertainment...i'm scared to see what Abbotsford came up with this year lol.
Why ? What did they come up with last year ? :?
Why dont you make that short trip out from Vancouver and see for yourself. You need to get out. Meet some Lionbackers. Introduce yourself. Robbie and Blitz too. BB
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Thu May 17, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameOps

Hi Lionbackers! Not too much off-season left to go, glad to see there's so many people who can't wait for the guys to get back on the turf to defend the Championship.
I wanted to clear up some of the speculation surrounding Training Camp Fan Fest this year.

Sat Jun 9th is a regular practice day, the team will be on the field in the AM and then again for the afternoon session at 4 PM. The "unofficial" timeline is accurate.
Gates Open 2 PM
Fan Fest Area / Main Stage 2 - 4 PM
Players arrive for autographs and interactive areas 3 - 4 PM
Practice 4 - 6 PM

We'll have BBQ's, face painters, interactive inflatable zones for fans of all ages. On the Main Stage, the Felions Dance Team will perform twice, The Skippers (Sorry Charlene) will be back as well as the In Motion Dance Team. 107.1 FM will host the main stage with our own Tim Donovan and there will be lots of giveaways during the 2 hours.
I hope you all stop by and tailgate for awhile, see the guys in action on the field during practice and celebrate the upcoming season with the Lions and our partner, the City of Abbotsford.

Oh yes, I ordered sunshine too so let's see who's paying attention to the Lions...

See you there,

Jen Graham
LFITQ
Team Captain

Yank In BC wrote:
Rammer wrote:
LFITQ wrote:I found a rough outline (nothing official) for the fanfest events on June 9th.

2-4pm Main Stage Entertainment and FanFest Activities:
- Interactive and Inflatable Fun Zone/ Games for all Ages
- Face Painting
- Live Entertainment
- Performances by the Felions Dance Team

3-4pm Players arrive for Autographs and Interactive Activities

4-4:30pm Players warm up on the field

4:30 - 5:45pm Practice

6:00pm Gates close.
I thought we found out that the practice was canceled in lieu of teh Grey Cup Dinner......??? So I am wondering if this is an old draft.
The scrimmage was cancelled Rammer, which as we all know is a waste of a day FB wise. It will probably be a normal practice just held on the main field, which is better then the watching ST Kick off to one returner.... :sleep:
The funny thing is last year the monday practice after the sunday scrimmage they were hitting full speed with the 2nd stringers.
So I take it considering this is better than the scrimmage, we can expect to see your smiling face out there?? 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Charlene

GameOps wrote: The Skippers (Sorry Charlene) will be back
*giggles* Ha! Like i said, they are good... i was really impressed with them last year, i just think Abbotsford could come up with a bit more than that!
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

It pretty much is official, I am comandeering a vehicle out to Abbotsford. If anyone is looking for a ride out there, PM me.
MacNews
Team Captain

GameOps wrote:...our own Tim Donovan...
Awesome! :thup: I can't wait to hear what Fandemonium Tim has to say.

I'm thinking about getting him to sign my jersey, seriously. He is that cool. :rockin:
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I thought we found out that the practice was canceled in lieu of teh Grey Cup Dinner......??? So I am wondering if this is an old draft.
The scrimmage was cancelled Rammer, which as we all know is a waste of a day FB wise. It will probably be a normal practice just held on the main field, which is better then the watching ST Kick off to one returner.... :sleep:
The funny thing is last year the monday practice after the sunday scrimmage they were hitting full speed with the 2nd stringers.
So I take it considering this is better than the scrimmage, we can expect to see your smiling face out there?? 8)
I shook my magic 8 ball and the answer is: As I see it, Yes.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
nelson95
Legend

Is it for anyone? or just ST holders?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Rammer
Team Captain

nelson95 wrote:Is it for anyone? or just ST holders?
Anyone can come to fanfest, the only perk the ST use to get was a meal (hotdog and drink, 05 was the last one I attended) and the chance to pick up their ST, but since Abbotsford they have just mailed out the ST. Partly due to their better security I imagine on the tickets going missing in the mail don't matter near as much as they once did, with the barcodes making any tickets stolen practically useless.
Entertainment value = an all time low
nelson95
Legend

Might be flooding issues in the valley next w/e

:bang:

FYI
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Yank In BC wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:The scrimmage was cancelled Rammer, which as we all know is a waste of a day FB wise. It will probably be a normal practice just held on the main field, which is better then the watching ST Kick off to one returner.... :sleep:
But let me guess...

The early morning practice (8:30am Saturday) is out of the question? 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
But let me guess...

The early morning practice (8:30am Saturday) is out of the question? 8)
Actually both are out now. But I will be out for Tuesday AM and both on Thursday.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
Charlene wrote: Live entertainment...i'm scared to see what Abbotsford came up with this year lol.
Why ? What did they come up with last year ? :?
Why dont you make that short trip out from Vancouver and see for yourself. You need to get out. Meet some Lionbackers. Introduce yourself. Robbie and Blitz too. BB
Weather forecast for Saturday is calling for rain. Remember to bring your season ticket letters for your hotdogs. And just one more thing. What happens in Fanfest stays in Fanfest. BB
D
Team Captain

I will bring my popup tent for the TG 8)
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

D wrote:I will bring my popup tent for the TG 8)
Good God, man. This is an all ages forum. References to your "popup tent" have no place here!