Fan Fest June 9th

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

pinkfreud

What did they do? Search themselves on Facebook and look at every hit?
MacNews
Team Captain

I dunno pinkfreud, I didn't know they had Facebook until Jay pointed it out.

Facebook needs to make it easier to access groups and see what is new with them.
Sirona
prospect

Well, I think it is cool that a BC player takes enough interest in his fans to recognize a fan from Facebook. So what if they search themselves and look at every hit.. That is what Facebook is for, and maybe they like to keep up with the fans who take an interest in them and the team.
Maybe so he can recognize and greet them in the crowd?? |Some fans are hard to please it seems no matter what the players do.. :roll:
pinkfreud

Sirona wrote:Well, I think it is cool that a BC player takes enough interest in his fans to recognize a fan from Facebook. So what if they search themselves and look at every hit.. That is what Facebook is for, and maybe they like to keep up with the fans who take an interest in them and the team.
Maybe so he can recognize and greet them in the crowd?? |Some fans are hard to please it seems no matter what the players do.. :roll:
I don't disagree. I wasn't suggesting it was a stupid thing to do. I was just curious as to how a player would find a fan on Facebook, without knowing their name first. Of course it's an admirable thing for the player to take interest in his fans. Especially Charlene. She's fantastic.
LFITQ
Team Captain

pinkfreud wrote:
Sirona wrote:Well, I think it is cool that a BC player takes enough interest in his fans to recognize a fan from Facebook. So what if they search themselves and look at every hit.. That is what Facebook is for, and maybe they like to keep up with the fans who take an interest in them and the team.
I don't disagree. I wasn't suggesting it was a stupid thing to do. I was just curious as to how a player would find a fan on Facebook, without knowing their name first. Of course it's an admirable thing for the player to take interest in his fans. Especially Charlene. She's fantastic.
Wel to answer your question, or at least try to, if they both belong to the same group then you can find people that way. Just look at the members list of a group you belong to and you can see everyone. Then if you see someone you know you can become their friend and bingo you can see their profile. Remember, groups are open for everyone to see so pics posted in groups can also be seen.

I would bet they are both members of the same group and her picture might have stood out when he was browsing the members list. Just like Sirona said, it might simply be a case of seeing who the fans are and trying to remember to put a picture to a face, especially when something like fanfest is coming up. Shows he took extra care.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Charlene

I added the player...told him i wanted his babies...so we became Facebook friends.

:wink:

That's how he knows my name...i'm on his friend's list, and have sent him messages.

It was still weird to be recognized. I go through life thinking i look nothing like my pictures :P
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote:I added the player...told him i wanted his babies...so we became Facebook friends.
:wink:
That's how he knows my name...i'm on his friend's list, and have sent him messages.

It was still weird to be recognized. I go through life thinking i look nothing like my pictures :P
This is fairly common, with good reason -- since one generally sees oneself in photos less often than in a mirror, the latter informs the brain's point of reference. But the mirror's image isn't real, because it reverses left and right; i.e., if you wink your real left eye, it's the right eye of your image -- not the left -- that winks back. Your brain is fooled: by familiarity, you think the mirror gives the true point of reference. But unless your face is perfectly symmetrical (which is extremely rare), your mirror image can look quite different from the true one in your photos -- to the point of eliciting comments such as above.

Try this sometime: hold a photo of yourself up to a mirror and see if it looks "better" that way. It probably will, but -- if you'll pardon the wordplay -- that's no reflection on your appearance... rather, it's the appearance of your reflection. :hypno:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.