B.C. Place painting

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Painting seats orange would not increase noise level, but it would make everything look more orange; orange seats, orange shirts, orange body paint, orange bras.

Ironically the fact that the seats are hard plastic actually increases the reverb time inside the dome. The reverb time inside BC Place (a measure of how long in seconds a sound takes to decrease to one one millionth of its original sound level) is 6.5 seconds.

Inside GM Place reverb time is 1.2 seconds, making it great for concerts.

If BC Place's seats had foam padding, it would actually improve acoustics but only marginally.

The reverb time also improves with 60,000 people inside the stadium as their clothes absorb some sound.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

The original budget for BCP had " foam cushions " under the seats to absorb the sound.

It was a $3 million cost trimmed from the budget at some point.

And that is why the sound sucks at BCP.
pinkfreud

I think it's a great idea, provided they buy the paint from Greg Bertram, General Paint, (604) 644-5500.

:lol:

Otherwise, the idea sucks.

:thdn:
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I think they should paint the seats leopard print.

"We just hate going to BC Place. If the fans get into it the loud purring in that dome just leaves our players just a tad too lazy and frisky. Some of our players are even found behind the bench squirming on their backs getting in a good scratch."... says GM Eric Tillman.

8)
120dB
Legend

I just stumbled home from the Stone Temple nightclub

Hey! Paint the seats pink!

don't worry, I'll put an icepack on my head and lay down for a while
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yeah please jk
2012 Season Ticket Holder