B.C. Place painting

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

I heard from a B.C. Lion source this morning that painting will start on the seats at B.C. Place this Sunday. They are going to paint the home side Orange for the time being and then onto the visitors side. BB
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

:yahoo: :wave: :yahoo: :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

awesome!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:I heard from a B.C. Lion source this morning that painting will start on the seats at B.C. Place this Sunday. They are going to paint the home side Orange for the time being and then onto the visitors side. BB
Hmmm. I don't think painting what is already " blue plastic " is a good idea.

First of all, how well will the paint adhere before it starts chipping away and looking like crap?

Secondly. I don't know what it will cost, but it can hardly be considered an improvement and has no financial gain.

Thirdly. 60K orange seats is not going to be aesthetically pleasing.

I'd say the same thing if the Bombers wanted gold seats or Edmonton wanted yellow seats. Those are not good colors in " volumn ". It's one of the reasons I don't like Bombers " gold " jerseys.

Blue, Green, silver or even red are less problematic on the eyes and more importantly on TV!!!!

I hope you're kidding Bob.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

What will this cost? Even at $5 a seat, that's $300K

How can this make any sense?
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Personally, since it's a crown corporation, I think it's a huge waste of money. Who gives a crap if the seast are blue?
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
smphantom
Legend

They are going to paint while the Auto Show is on? More likely to do it later in the month:

http://www.bcplacestadium.com/calendar/index.html
Stay thirsty my friends.
David
Team Captain

Maybe this is an early April Fool's gag from Bob, but this doesn't make a lot of sense. First, these are hard resin bucket seats - not wooden benches. I don't know how they can be "painted." Second, why would they go to the expense for the sake of aesthetics? Is the sound system and a second scoreboard not a little more important? :roll:

If they're going to change the seating color, better to go orange on Level 2 and black on Level 4 which would create the "curtain" effect and not expose the miles of empty seats nearly as bad.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Maybe this is an early April Fool's gag from Bob, but this doesn't make a lot of sense. First, these are hard resin bucket seats - not wooden benches. I don't know how they can be "painted." Second, why would they go to the expense for the sake of aesthetics? Is the sound system and a second scoreboard not a little more important? :roll:

If they're going to change the seating color, better to go orange on Level 2 and black on Level 4 which would create the "curtain" effect and not expose the miles of empty seats nearly as bad.

DH 8)
I call an early AF day joke as well, those seats won't hold any paint.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Will it make the stadium any louder? Where is 120dB when you need him?

:lol:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
David wrote:Maybe this is an early April Fool's gag from Bob, but this doesn't make a lot of sense. First, these are hard resin bucket seats - not wooden benches. I don't know how they can be "painted." Second, why would they go to the expense for the sake of aesthetics? Is the sound system and a second scoreboard not a little more important? :roll:

DH 8)
I call an early AF day joke as well, those seats won't hold any paint.
Well I did jsut finishing painting a toddler's bed made of plastic. So I know there is a paint out there that will bond to plastic. However, I'm not so sure it is worth the pricetag. You would have to unbolt all the chairs from the floor and take off each seat #. Those two things alone would make it very time consuming. Then the painting process and the reinstallation ... all for a crown corporation... not too likely.

I am with Rammer and the rest of you ... AF isn't too far off.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Sharpo

preptime for probably 4,000 seats, a light brushing, washing. or vaccuming each one with a mini dust buster. (assuming you want a quality job done)

af.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

April Fool's is on BB :wink:
CB123
Legend

I say new seats before painting (especially since like Blue In BC said, they are gonna start chipping and looking like crap).
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

CB123 wrote:I say new seats before painting (especially since like Blue In BC said, they are gonna start chipping and looking like crap).
It could be a case of they put a coat of paint on the seats, it chips and cracks, then state that the stadium is beyond repair and demolish it to build condos, God forbid.
Roar Lions Roar