St. Patrick's Day

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

pinkfreud

Some of us have talked about meeting up on St. Patrick's Day at a pub that's centrally located (e.g. Burnaby or Coquitlam). However, I'm not really familiar with that area. If anyone has any suggestions, please reply.

It was proposed that we waltz into such an establishment and claim a spot in the afternoon hours, as the evenings will be packed.

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Some of us have talked about meeting up on St. Patrick's Day at a pub that's centrally located (e.g. Burnaby or Coquitlam). However, I'm not really familiar with that area. If anyone has any suggestions, please reply.
Hi Im down for the burbs. Maybe the Soho on Lougheed Hwy. Our pubgater home. :beer: BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Going to the Canucks game................
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Soho is a good choice since it is the Pubgater location as BB mentioned.

Woody's is a little further east but has been used by the group in the past.

I'm down for a group event.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I'll be at the Canucks game with C4L as well, but if someone gets something going in the afternoon, there's always time to stop in and get started drinking early :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Charlene

The Canucks game ends at like 9:30, nerds...

:wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yeah, but then there's partying with Trev and Cowie and the Twinkies afterward, ya know... we can't just take off on them, they'd be disappointed!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Shelion
Champion

I'm there! :beer:
As long as I can get a sitter for the kids.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote:The Canucks game ends at like 9:30, nerds...

:wink:
Speak for yourself. You'll be at the game too....................... :twisted:
Last edited by Canuck_4_Life on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I will tentatively book in for this event. :thup:

Soho is a good location skytrain wise for people that have/need that mode of transportation to the bar.

I agree, an early arrival would benefit our cause. I will be in a dentist chair at 2:40, and will head there afterwards, if there are others interested in securing some seats. I will phone ahead this week and see if there are any reservations. I don't believe they take them at the Soho however.
Last edited by OrangeShoes99 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

is there are others interested in securing some seats.
Im down for that. I phoned the Soho. No reservations. BB
D
Team Captain

Shelly and I are in :rockin: .... here's to hoping they have Guiness on tap :cr: :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Bosco
Team Captain

I would like to suggest the Foggy Dew Pub on North Road, in Coquitlam.

Nothing against the Soho, but the Foggy Dew is an Irish pub, has plenty of parking, and it's also adjascent to the Lougheed Station Skytrain. On Saturday, it would be one happening place - even more so if it's populated with Lionbackers. :roar:

If all else fails, we could always head over to the Soho - which is just a five minute drive down the road. :beer:
pinkfreud

Maybe the Foggy Dew takes reservations?
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Maybe the Foggy Dew takes reservations
I phoned. They wont take any reservations for Saturday. First come first serve. I dont mind getting their early to hold some tables if possible. I like Boscos idea, we can always go west if it doesnt work out but otherwise Im down for the Dew. Roll Call. BB :beer:
Wear orange or wear nothing