St. Patrick's Day

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I mean really if you owned the Soho, how willing would you be to send people to another bar?
Yeah, there was no Miracle on 34th St Santa at this venue :lol:

For the record, I figured you guys were simply done with the festivities, having started so early. It didn't even occur to me at the time that you might have shifted elsewhere en masse, and with other plans for later, I didn't have much time left to pursue it anyway -- so no biggie 8)
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Next time we will plan for the Dew and do the Soho :lol: BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
pinkfreud

Well, that's really unfortunate. I'll buy you two a couple of drinks next time I see you (if there is a next time for Steve of course).
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yeah, except if you KNOW those people are looking for a certain party, you can be pretty sure they're not gonna stick around anyway, if you give them the other location or not, so what's the point in pissing off potential FUTURE customers?
:?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
mard65

Kingswood Pub in Richmond had a great St Paddy's Day party lots of prizes and free shots......not so good the next day however :oops:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Yeah, except if you KNOW those people are looking for a certain party, you can be pretty sure they're not gonna stick around anyway, if you give them the other location or not, so what's the point in pissing off potential FUTURE customers?
Yeah... that's a much clearer version of where I was trying to go with my M34 Santa metaphor...

I really should update my pop culture references... :oops:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
pinkfreud

sj-roc wrote:
Soundy wrote:Yeah, except if you KNOW those people are looking for a certain party, you can be pretty sure they're not gonna stick around anyway, if you give them the other location or not, so what's the point in pissing off potential FUTURE customers?
Yeah... that's a much clearer version of where I was trying to go with my M34 Santa metaphor...

I really should update my pop culture references... :oops:
I was wondering what that meant, but just figured I wasn't getting it because you're smarter than me.

And, yes, I'm sucking up because I feel bad that we took off on you.

:wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I actually didn't see your M34 reference, I just replied to OS99's post, which was at the bottom of the previous page :) Now that I do see it, I think I would have caught it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
Soundy wrote: Yeah, except if you KNOW those people are looking for a certain party, you can be pretty sure they're not gonna stick around anyway, if you give them the other location or not, so what's the point in pissing off potential FUTURE customers?

I really should update my pop culture references...
I was wondering what that meant, but just figured I wasn't getting it because you're smarter than me.
I was referring to the scene in M34St where the Macy's Santa directs some customers to another store for their Xmas shopping because Macy's doesn't have what they want.

This upsets the store manager, who's about to sack Santa, until a customer tells the manager that she'll shop at Macy's more often now because of their candid Kringle, so he reverses course.

Sincerely,
Dennis Miller