2007 Felions auditions

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
Robbie wrote:So who attended the first audition at the Scotiabank Dance Centre today? Any stories or pictures to share?
First auditions are closed to the public. You'd have to have friends on the Felions squad to find out that information.
Oh, right. I should have noticed that on this page.
http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module=page&id=3125

I guess we can re-visit this thread tomorrow.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

So how many of you attended this event on this rainy Sunday? I was there and it was good to see two other Lionbackers there.

Lui Passaglia was there sitting at the table right in front of the stage for the entire event.

Canuck_4_Life: good to see you again and congratulations for winning a prize (a CD?) when the host asked a trivia question to everyone in the audience to answer who #19 on the roster was. It must have been a real honour being called up on stage to receive your prize. I noticed that you were photographed accepting your prize. I wonder if that picture wil be published anywhere.

Christa: good to meet you in person for the first time. You all performed very well and you provided a good interview response when the emcee asked you why you wanted to rejoin the Felions this year. I hope you made the squad this year.
120dB
Legend

How many people showed up to watch it?

I mean this is a Grey Cup Champion team, I would imagine the mall would have to be packed. Right?
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:How many people showed up to watch it?

I mean this is a Grey Cup Champion team, I would imagine the mall would have to be packed. Right?
You're joking right?

Seriously, out of the entire crowd, maybe 10% were football fans, the rest were interested observers.

Notables missing:
Breianne :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Dana
Barron :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: (she showed up to watch and chat with some of the girls)
Lorie (she could've been there, and I just simply missed her)

The routine was better than last year, however, the acoustics were pure and utter garbage. Not sure who was in charge of the soundtrack, but they must've boosted some of my vodka...........

I did plug the website in an interview with some dude from 24hrs. Season ticket base is around 22K, as I found out from the ticket rep.

Overall impression as compared to last year:
routines were interesting
talent level differential was noticeable (could've been nerves)
Last edited by Canuck_4_Life on Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bosco
Team Captain

Oh, so are we to assume that YOU were there? :roll:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Hey What did u win Jay?
btw Congrats to all of the Felions on a great job today!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Swollen Members - Black Magic CD...........
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

cool!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No doubt it was very NOISY :lol:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Seriously, out of the entire crowd, maybe 10% were football fans, the rest were interested observers.
Of the few seats that were available in front of the stage, it looks like most of them were reserved for the organizers. Most people watched the event from the second and third level concourses overlooking the stage.
Lorie (she could've been there, and I just simply missed her)
I didn't see her. I guess she decided not to become a Felion again this year. :?
The routine was better than last year, however, the acoustics were pure and utter garbage. Not sure who was in charge of the soundtrack, but they must've boosted some of my vodka...........
For the small group routines, they danced to Bon Jovi's You Give Love a Bad Name. While that song was quite popular when it first came out 21 years ago in 1986, it's not really a popular dance song nowadays. I wonder why they chose that song.
Overall impression as compared to last year:
routines were interesting
talent level differential was noticeable (could've been nerves)
And the prize you won and your two minutes of fame made this year's event better. :yes:

At the organizer's table, there were free copies of the Lions vs. Saskatchewan game day guide from July 14, 2006.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i thought it was june 16th
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:i thought it was june 16th
Well, the guide that I got from the table was definitely from July 14, 2006 - the 5th game from last season and not from the 1st game on June 16, 2006 also against Saskatchewan.
D
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
I did plug the website in an interview with some dude from 24hrs.
U da man :daman: :rockin:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
smphantom
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
I did plug the website in an interview with some dude from 24hrs.
He obviously tuned you out, as there is no mention in todays article on the Felions tryouts. :lol:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/News/2007/03/ ... 7-sun.html
Stay thirsty my friends.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Another recap and picture of the event:

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &nid=15368