Welcome to HoF, bbgirl!

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Usually, Derek sends these messages but since I saw your profile in the Hall of Fan section, let me be the first to congratulate you, bbgirl:

http://www.lionbackers.com/hof/fanhofbbgirl.html

I didn't know that you were a big fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and you stated the reason is because many of them are your favourite players. I know that the Blue Bombers had several ex-Lions such as Matt Dunigan and David Williams. And a few of them went on to become Lions such as Less Brown (your favourite), James Jefferson, and Alfred Jackson. And it was thanks Less Browne for not covering Ned Armour well that the Lions managed to win the 1985 Grey Cup.

Welcome once again! :rockin:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Robbie wrote:Usually, Derek sends these messages but since I saw your profile in the Hall of Fan section, let me be the first to congratulate you, bbgirl:

http://www.lionbackers.com/hof/fanhofbbgirl.html

I didn't know that you were a big fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and you stated the reason is because many of them are your favourite players. I know that the Blue Bombers had several ex-Lions such as Matt Dunigan and David Williams. And a few of them went on to become Lions such as Less Brown (your favourite), James Jefferson, and Alfred Jackson. And it was thanks Less Browne for not covering Ned Armour well that the Lions managed to win the 1985 Grey Cup.

Welcome once again! :rockin:
i always thought BBGIRL stood for BlueBombers girl...guess I was right?

Congrats! :rockin:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
Robbie wrote: I didn't know that you were a big fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
i always thought BBGIRL stood for BlueBombers girl...guess I was right?

Congrats! :rockin:
So I guess neither of you guys noticed that she quite frequently wore Bomber jerseys to games? Did you perhaps think that she was a fan of BB guns or bumble bees? :wink: :tease:

Congrats Vanessa!
Real women wear orange!!
lion24
Legend

congrats bbgirl and good luck with everything and thanks for your help!! i cannot argue with vanessa being a bomber fan as my girlfriend and dad are bombers fans and if i was not a lion fan i would cheer for the bombers! congrats to a classy female cfl fan!! :thup: :rockin:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Actually she only wears Bomber jerseys when the Bombers come to town and sometimes at Grey Cup. Otherwise she supports the Lions.

A little history behind Miss BBGirl. Besides being a great person:

- She is one of, if not the original lady Lionbacker.
- She is a veteran of 6 Grey Cups.
- She's been on many road trips to support the Lions.

To top it all off she's become a great friend. :thup:

Congrats Vanessa, you deserve it. :beer:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Charlene

Congrats!!

You definitely rock, sista friend! (i'm so ghetto)

Being friends with an original lady lionbacker is pretty cool. You are so utterly amazing, i strive to be like you one day.

Heehee
Robbie
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:So I guess neither of you guys noticed that she quite frequently wore Bomber jerseys to games?
No, I didn't notice that. The one and only time I met her, she was not wearing a Bombers jersey and as OS99 said, the Lions were not playing Winnipeg that day so she wasn't wearing it.
MacNews
Team Captain

Congrats Vanessa!! :beer: :beer:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I'm pretty sure I've seen her wear Bomber jerseys on other occasions, but more than likely, I'm probably wrong! :wink: Either way, congrats again! :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Congratulations Vanessa. I've always said you look best in Blue & Gold.

:helmet:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen her wear Bomber jerseys on other occasions, but more than likely, I'm probably wrong! :wink: Either way, congrats again! :roar:
What does it matter?
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
bbgirl
Legend

Thanks everyone. It is true -- I do wear my beloved Bomber jerseys on other occasions. Tee hee. And, yes, the BB in bbgirl does stand for Blue Bombers.

Thanks again!!

:beer: :roar:
Rammer
Team Captain

Congratulations BBgirl on your induction to the HoF, enjoy all the estra perks. ;)
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Who is she again? :?

8)
D
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:Congratulations Vanessa. I've always said you look best in Blue & Gold.

:helmet:
Just another thing that makes her so special .... not many can wear those hideous colours and pull it off .... she can! :tease:

Congrats Vanessa :rockin:
I own The Grey Cup! .com