Is the Simmons Offer the Right Thing for the Team?

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Is the Offer To Simmons a Good Move?

Yes, he deserves one more shot
90%
Maybe, but it may well end up costing the team later.
6%
No, spend the money on a younger, healthier free agent.
3%

Total votes: 31
maddeep73
Champion

My vote is yes.

While you can argue that he is 'injury prone', both times he was hurt were freak plays. He has so much speed (as shown on each of those plays!) and seems like a great team guy. Let's cross our fingers on this one.
Keepin' it real
Rammer
Team Captain

Agreed, he is a rare cross of athletic ability with speed that is untouchable.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:thup: :thup:
Don Miller
Legend

:rockin: This guy has tremendous speed when healthy. The poor Taylor field turf and a horse collar tackle from Luca Congi their kicker did Tony in last time. I am excited to see this guy play at training camp again!
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I'd love to see Simmons spend one entire season in black and orange.

Who's to say that his replacement (be it Kendrick Jones or whoever) stays injury free?
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Three tries will be a charm. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

There are 2 offensive plays that stand out in my mind for 2006............they were both short crossing patterns for TD's..........one to Geroy and the other to Simmons.

I gotta say.....as nice as Geroy's TD was, the Simmons TD was simply jaw-dropping........the phenomenal breakaway speed that left DB's in the dust......well, coupled with the physical size, you just don't come across that often........it would take a very, very long time to find another Simmons........and for that reason alone, Wally B has to give him another shot in 2007.
Lloyd
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:There are 2 offensive plays that stand out in my mind for 2006............they were both short crossing patterns for TD's..........one to Geroy and the other to Simmons.

Exactly! I also.. those two plays but Simmons' was the one. The kind of play that puts a smile on your face and makes you glad to be a Lions/football fan.

Are you reading this Tony? No pressure.. just DO IT! 8)
lion24
Legend

if he can come back and last the season the combination of simmons and simon could be as deadly a combo the lions have ever had :rockin:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP