Superbowl

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

pinkfreud

sj-roc wrote: :? Didn't see Guy Wearing Headphones on that list. But then again, he's usually found at Wrigley Field for Cubs' postseason games.

That list needs some some CanCon:

51. Guy who evaluates lacklustre Colts pass offence by imaginatively remarking: "PEYTON Manning? More like PRESTON Manning!"
He says, "I've always thought it would be classic for someone to roll up for a Super Bowl party, sit down on the couch and put on headphones to listen to the radio broadcast. If anyone is willing to do this at a party, send pictures and I will interview you."

:wink:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:He says, "I've always thought it would be classic for someone to roll up for a Super Bowl party, sit down on the couch and put on headphones to listen to the radio broadcast. If anyone is willing to do this at a party, send pictures and I will interview you."

:wink:
Ahhhh... I zoned out halfway through the preamble and just dove into the top 50 list... guess I'm not so evolved after all...
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:I'm looking for definitive word on this party...............Does anyone have it?

Obviously, my return from Whistler will depend on this party.
Stay in Whistler..........
:roll: :roll:
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

All systems in place for "Roofgater IV - The Excuse To Drink" :rockin:

So dig out that rib sauce the barbie will be hot
O'Shea

So what time does the Roofgator start on Sunday????

How much are we chipping in again...

Details Details... Who is attending this shindig??

I'm stopping by Costco after work tonight... and kind of need to know how many I'm buying for approximately.... Tonight right afterwork is the ONLY time I can get to costco.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Roofgater starts anytime after 12pm or so. (have you not done this before O'Shea??:? ) IT's looking like the "pitch in" rate will be much cheaper this time. :thup:

I can update the "how many" later tonight.

Details - Two large balconies for the smokers... and those who love to look at downtown Vancouver's lights. Pool table, saunas, bbq, lotso food, and last but not least, Crazy Face Painted Guy. lmao
smphantom
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
smphantom wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:I'm looking for definitive word on this party...............Does anyone have it?

Obviously, my return from Whistler will depend on this party.
Stay in Whistler..........
:roll: :roll:
Does that mean you are considering staying in Whistler?
Stay thirsty my friends.
O'Shea

Lionheart wrote:Roofgater starts anytime after 12pm or so. (have you not done this before O'Shea??:? ) IT's looking like the "pitch in" rate will be much cheaper this time. :thup:

I can update the "how many" later tonight.

Details - Two large balconies for the smokers... and those who love to look at downtown Vancouver's lights. Pool table, saunas, bbq, lotso food, and last but not least, Crazy Face Painted Guy. lmao
Yeah Yeah... save the smart @ss remarks there buddy!

Okay thanks for the details... I'll just do what I normally do... make way too much food. I invited a friend... but not sure if they will attend.

See y'all Sunday!!
Shan
pinkfreud

I'll be going through Chilliwack Sunday around noon en route to Rob's from Manning. If you want me to pick anything up at Sports and Stuff email me at suzeq@rogers.blackberry.net and I'll bring it to Rob's. I'll be at that mall anyhow.

I'm bringing spinach dip and a chicken wing platter.
Last edited by pinkfreud on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
pinkfreud

PS - be specific about size, etc. And leave a number in case anything needs to be clarified.

PPS - Painted Face Guy rocks!
O'Shea

pinkfreud wrote:I'm bringing spinach dip and a chicken wing platter.
Nice!! I'm bringing the meatball trio & spanakopita w/tzatziki
pacific
All Star

I'm thinking veggie plate.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:I'll be going through Chilliwack Sunday around noon en route to Rob's from Manning. If you want me to pick anything up at Sports and Stuff email me at suzeq@rogers.blackberry.net and I'll bring it to Rob's. I'll be at that mall anyhow.
If Ken or Hambone have been through there lately I'll take the cash register please. 8)
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

O'Shea wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:I'm bringing spinach dip and a chicken wing platter.
Nice!! I'm bringing the meatball trio & spanakopita w/tzatziki
Ya sure... you're just doing that because you think it'll win you the $150 jackpot in the pool again! :yahoo:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Im bringing a meatball to. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing