The Grey Cup at the BC Sports Hall of Fame: December 22-27

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

had much betta things to do this week than to go to see the grey cup...besides i saw dean valli with it when i was at starbux lastweek.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Did any of you attend this event? Since I already had my picture taken with the Grey Cup before, I didn't go to this event.
We got there about a half hour before closing on Christmas Eve, and we had been the only people there all day. I really wanted to explore the museum more, but we didn't have time. From what I DID see, I would highly recommend anyone that hasn't spent time there to visit this resource. It's only $8 to get in, and it's worth every cent. :rockin:
Anyway, I posted this picture in the "What you got for Christmas" thread, but I can post it here as well. :wink:

Real women wear orange!!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the description, CatsEyes! It looks like you were the only Lionbacker who attended this event. And it's great that you were allowed to lift and carry the Grey Cup! :thup: The officials wouldn't allow me to do that when I saw the Cup earlier this year at the Sony Store.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Thanks for the description, CatsEyes! It looks like you were the only Lionbacker who attended this event. And it's great that you were allowed to lift and carry the Grey Cup! :thup: The officials wouldn't allow me to do that when I saw the Cup earlier this year at the Sony Store.
Yup-I got to hug it, kiss it, pick it up and look inside it. I wanted to see where countless thousands of gallons of champagne, Gatorade, Crown Royal had flowed into and out of. At first I didn't want to touch it because I didn't feel I had earned the right to. SM explained that because we, as fans had supported the team and the league in so many different ways, we had in a way earned it. It is definitely "The People's Trophy". :rockin: To consider the great names whose hands it has passed through was quite overwhelming. I'm really glad we went! :yes:
Real women wear orange!!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I wonder how the officials would have reacted had you did to the Cup what Kelly Bates did and snapped it in half again.

Since Solar Max was with you, did he have his picture taken with the Cup too?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:I wonder how the officials would have reacted had you did to the Cup what Kelly Bates did and snapped it in half again.

Since Solar Max was with you, did he have his picture taken with the Cup too?
That's what I was afraid of too Robbie, which is why I didn't want to lift it over my head. I was surprised at how light it was actually, but still didn't want to take any chances! :lol: SM did have his pic taken as well:

I think it meant more for him to see it this time because there were not throngs of people around. It was almost like a private viewing! :lol:
Real women wear orange!!