What to see and do in Winnipeg?

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Clipper_Fan

Besides the obvious, what are some of the attractions or must see's in Winnipeg to do while I'm there for Grey Cup week?

No Moose games unfortunately.....any help?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Robbie
Hall of Famer

So Clipper_Fan, what did you end up doing in Winnipeg?
CB123
Legend

Besides the obvious, what are some of the attractions or must see's in Winnipeg to do while I'm there for Grey Cup week?
I went to the aviation meuseum, it was really awesome. I also went to the Royal Canadian Mint which was pretty cool (I got to hold a bar of gold). I saw a bunch of other stuff like the legislature (which looked cool at night) and some stuff downtown like the 1st BMO down there (basically a really really old building). The only thing I didnt see while I was there that I wish I had was the Naval Meuseum.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Whisperin' Jimmy
Starter

CB123 wrote:The only thing I didnt see while I was there that I wish I had was the Naval Museum.
I thought you were kidding until I googled it. Manitoba has a Naval Museum! I suppose now Saskatchewan needs a surfing museum? Alberta needs a Karl Marx museum? Vancouver needs a suntanning museum? :lol:
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." -George F. Will
Robbie
Hall of Famer

This is the web page of that museum:

http://naval-museum.mb.ca/index.htm

Apparently, it's not too popular because it only opens one day a week on Wednesdays. I thought it was unusual for Manitoba to have a Naval Museum. But don't forget that Manitoba borders Hudson Bay, and I suppose it's possible for naval ships to sail from Hudson Bay to the Atlantic Ocean. That said, are there many Canadian Naval bases along the coast of Hudson Bay in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Nunavut?
Whisperin' Jimmy
Starter

Robbie wrote:That said, are there many Canadian Naval bases along the coast of Hudson Bay in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Nunavut?
Zero. CFB Esquimalt and CFB Halifax are our principal bases; there is also CFS St. John's, the Nanoose Bay test range, and Naval Radio Section Aldergrove.
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." -George F. Will
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Hopefully, everyone in Winnipeg is okay after a huge snowstorm hit the city.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story ... ml?ref=rss