Nelly Furtado Halftime show *barf*

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Nelly Furtado will be performing in the Grey Cup 2006 half time show.. :sleep:

source: cfl.ca
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Couldn't be any worse the the Black Eyed Peas. Gawd that was awful.
smphantom
Legend

Nothing wrong with that Jeremy. She is Canadian, on top of the charts, has a bangin booty, and she is a HOTTIE! 8)

What more do you want?
Stay thirsty my friends.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

smphantom wrote:Nothing wrong with that Jeremy. She is Canadian, on top of the charts, has a bangin booty, and she is a HOTTIE! 8)

What more do you want?
:shock: :lol: how many times do you want to hear the word bird in one song? :? 8)
smphantom
Legend

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
smphantom wrote:Nothing wrong with that Jeremy. She is Canadian, on top of the charts, has a bangin booty, and she is a HOTTIE! 8)

What more do you want?
:shock: :lol: how many times do you want to hear the word bird in one song? :? 8)
Yes, I agree as I cannot stand that song either.
Stay thirsty my friends.
b_raunchy

I can't believe people are upset with this. This is awesome!!!

A) She is good - top of the charts with two songs in NORTH AMERICA right now!
b) She is hot hot hot hot! She makes my "list".
c) She is from B.C.!!!

While I am sure the average CFL season ticket holder is more in tune with seeing a band like Rush or Chilliwack up there, keep in mind that this type of fan is going to be watching and attending games and GC's regardless of the halftime entertainment.

Meanwhile the GC is the one day 5 million Canadians tune into watch on TV, almost all of them will watch the halftime show, and almost 4 million of these people will be fans who do not normally watch a game all year - much of the young population (twenties) will for one Sunday be tuning into the CFL over the NFL with their girlfriends and it helps to have someone who is talented, fresh, and cool. Plus, even though I boast of being a Country Western music fan myself, I kind of like that the CFL is finally turning towards the urban music scene a bit more with this move and last year's Black Eyed Peas. Given the diverse makeup of our league and the popularity of hip hop and urban pop beats amongst the younger generations this only makes sense!

Great Move CFL and Winnipeg GC Organising Committee!!! Congrats and WHOA NELLY!!!
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Who really cares? Halftime is for hitting the washroom, refilling the food, and talking with your friends about the first half. I think the halftime show is really aimed at the non-traditional fans watching the game, and seeing if they can hold their interest for ten minutes or whatever the case may be. For hardcore fans, it's all about the game. They could roll Anne Murray and Rita MacNeil out there for all I care, as I won't be paying attention.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Shelion
Champion

Lionut wrote:Who really cares? Halftime is for hitting the washroom, refilling the food, and talking with your friends about the first half. I think the halftime show is really aimed at the non-traditional fans watching the game, and seeing if they can hold their interest for ten minutes or whatever the case may be. For hardcore fans, it's all about the game. They could roll Anne Murray and Rita MacNeil out there for all I care, as I won't be paying attention.
:beauty:
bbgirl
Legend

Lionut wrote:Who really cares? Halftime is for hitting the washroom, refilling the food, and talking with your friends about the first half. I think the halftime show is really aimed at the non-traditional fans watching the game, and seeing if they can hold their interest for ten minutes or whatever the case may be. For hardcore fans, it's all about the game. They could roll Anne Murray and Rita MacNeil out there for all I care, as I won't be paying attention.
:whs:

The only halftime show we ever stuck around for was The Guess Who in 2000. Ruled!
Actually, I may have been in my seat for the halftime in 2001, but my memories of that game are hazy at best. :oops:
Last edited by bbgirl on Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacNews
Team Captain

I loved the BEP and I love the pickup of Furtado. Many seats will be sold just to hear a glimpse of "Promiscuous Girl". :thup:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

It's a good move. Attach the league to a hip artist. The fact she's Canadian makes it all the more better.

If the Lions are in the Grey Cup, halftime for me is generally for vomiting from nerves. (In fact, 2004 was the first time it didn't happen, to which I credit both Lloyd and a 24 hour in advance sense of impending doom).

If the Lions aren't there, I don't watch.

Does that qualify as TMI?
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:It's a good move. Attach the league to a hip artist. The fact she's Canadian makes it all the more better.

If the Lions are in the Grey Cup, halftime for me is generally for vomiting from nerves. (In fact, 2004 was the first time it didn't happen, to which I credit both Lloyd and a 24 hour in advance sense of impending doom).

If the Lions aren't there, I don't watch.

Does that qualify as TMI?
The 2004 GC half time featured the Hip and quite frankly, their song selection blew.......when you only have time for 2 or 3 songs, you better make them well known hits.

Dan, I must have diverted your attention by yipping in your ear most of the game......whatever works..........mind you, there were several times during that game when I wanted to puke as well. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Lloyd
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Dan, I must have diverted your attention by yipping in your ear most of the game......whatever works..........mind you, there were several times during that game when I wanted to puke as well
To tell the truth, I had a bad feeling set in when we were waiting in line to get into the Lions party. It more or less stayed with me the entire night and well into game time.

I get it almost every time the Lions lose. Sometimes later than others. In last years WDF, it happened right at kickoff.

So I was grateful for the company, and even more so that we left early enough I didn't have to see the Argo party.

The Hip did Courage, which was enough for me. But you do bring up an interesting point, in that those halftime shows seem to mean more (and seem longer) for the home audience than those in attendance.
pinkfreud

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Nelly Furtado will be performing in the Grey Cup 2006 half time show.. :sleep:

source: cfl.ca
Out of curiosity, who would you rather see Jeremy?
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I'd rather relive the BEP than Nelly Furtado.................

but that's just me..................