Nelly Furtado Halftime show *barf*

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

smphantom wrote:Nothing wrong with that Jeremy. She is Canadian, on top of the charts, has a bangin booty, and she is a HOTTIE! 8)
You do realize that Winnipeg doesn't have a dome, therefore she's gonna look more like the Michelin Man than the woman you describe.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
hutch
Champion

I also think that it's a good move. As far as the whole "bird" thing, that song was years ago and I doubt that she will sing it at the GC.
Should be one of the better half time acts of late.

Remember GC 2000 halftime show?? That was PATHETIC!!! :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :sleep:
bbgirl
Legend

hutch wrote:
Remember GC 2000 halftime show?? That was PATHETIC!!! :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :sleep:
I don't know what you were watching. It was The Guess Who! It was great!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Nelly Furtado will be performing in the Grey Cup 2006 half time show.. :sleep:

source: cfl.ca
Out of curiosity, who would you rather see Jeremy?
an old school canadian band (canadian version of rolling stones or something.)
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:an old school canadian band (canadian version of rolling stones or something.)
That would be the Tragically Hip. They played two years ago. You see, Grasshopper, in a country of 30 million, the number of big name acts who can appeal to a wide audience is fairly limited. Bif Naked, for example, would go over about as well as Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl two years ago. (She made me want to "scream" as well...)

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

^yes the hip are awesome, have their CD's etc, i'm aware of the shortage, and said I'd LIKE to see, its pretty impossible in canada tho..........................but the BEP plays and they're not Canadian so I don't know why an American band can't play?
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:Couldn't be any worse the the Black Eyed Peas. Gawd that was awful.
I have to agree. The acoustics were so bad I couldn't hear a word they were saying.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

b_raunchy wrote:I can't believe people are upset with this. This is awesome!!!

A) She is good - top of the charts with two songs in NORTH AMERICA right now!
b) She is hot hot hot hot! She makes my "list".
c) She is from B.C.!!!
:whs:
I for one think it's superb that this famous Canadian celebrity will be performing at the Grey Cup. :beauty:

Now, some of you claim that you heard the song "I'm like a Bird" one too many times, but what do you expect from a song that hit the top 5 in many charts, and also won a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance?

A belated congratulations to Nelly Furtado for winning that Grammy Award, and a second congratulations for being selected to perform at the Grey Cup. :thup:

I'm sure she will also perform her other top hits, such as Promiscuous and Turn off the Light.
Last edited by Robbie on Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbgirl
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:Barenaked Ladies all the way! Nothing's more Canadian than that!
BNL would be so much fun to watch.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
If the Lions are in the Grey Cup, halftime for me is generally for vomiting from nerves. (In fact, 2004 was the first time it didn't happen, to which I credit both Lloyd and a 24 hour in advance sense of impending doom).

If the Lions aren't there, I don't watch.

Does that qualify as TMI?
I can assure you that oh six will be a replay of that matchup, different result and yes you will barf at half time.

But it will be worth it no?
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote: To tell the truth, I had a bad feeling set in when we were waiting in line to get into the Lions party. It more or less stayed with me the entire night and well into game time.

I get it almost every time the Lions lose. Sometimes later than others. In last years WDF, it happened right at kickoff.
Do be sure and text me during WDF, I would love the heads up either way. :wink:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

An interview with Nelly Furtado about the fact that she is singing in the Grey Cup.

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=13017

It looks like she has never attended a BC Lions game and doesn't know much about the CFL either.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I think Nelly Furtado put on a good halftime performance.
MacNews
Team Captain

I thought it stunk, she did a horrible re-mix or her own classics and the sound blew.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Terrible, she did crappy remix's just like mac said
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion