Invincible: Dreams are not lived on the sidelines

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

mightybuck
Legend

I will be going to see it plus world trade towers

great wheaties av
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
O'Shea

Thanks!! I knew you would like it... your own Cheez-It box inspired it. *Edit* MB is now in possession of the original Buck Pierce Wheaties Box. Gotta love how the whole box is Orange!!! :yes:
Last edited by O'Shea on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlene

I saw this last night, actually! It was an awesome movie! I really enjoyed it...even with all the tidbits of information my boyfriend was giving me about players, coaches and teams of the 70's throughout it :roll: lol He liked it too!

I highly recommend it as well! Go see it!! I laughed, I cried(Disney movies always make me cry :oops:) Marky Mark did a great job.

(PS...ladies and gentlemen, there is a hot scene where Marky Mark is wet and muddy 8) ....yum)
O'Shea

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... mud you say?? :cool: Hmmm... darn it... I opted for a Bento Box at my fave local sushi joint tonight instead... I should have caught the late show. Thanks for the review Charlene :thup:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Did someone say sushi?

back to the topic at hand, how believable football wise is this movie?
nelson95
Legend

Anything like North Dallas Forty? A realistic 70s football movie. Ask an alumni
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Charlene

Never seen North Dallas Forty....but yes, the movie was pretty well done. It's Disney, so it's not amazing football, but it's good :wink:
O'Shea

A friend from work caught this movie over the weekend and their thoughts were: "Kind of Disney for me... but it was good.. nice story, inspirational."

I have plans to see Invincible tonight... a friend of mine wants to go (she's more into the Mark Wahlberg aspect, but that's ok).
O'Shea

All right! Just returned from the movie... and I see where the "too Disney" references come in. Sure it was a little sappy in spots, but all in all I liked it. So did my non-sports-fan friend, who only went to check out Mark in the mud :cool:

I thought the cinematography was amazing... then again I don't recall the last football movie I viewed in a theatre :? It was like I was right in the middle of every play, which was awesome. I found myself wincing and cringing during the big hits and of course cheering for the underdog aka Papale.

I don't know how "realistic" it was compared to North Dallas Forty... never saw the film and I've never played football either. I doubt it can compare - this is a slick Hollywood production let's not forget, but I don't regret seeing Invincible in the theatre.

The closing credits with actual footage of Papale with the Eagles were cool. :yes:
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

i enjoyed the movie and the classic 70s music. even had music from my old favorite ted nugent!
Glenegade

I saw it last Wed and it was a great movie. I think it will be an all time football classic movie. I'd highly recomend it. To even those who don't like football but a feel good story
jim604
All Star

alright..now i have to find 'north dallas 40' and 'paper lion' as well as "knute rockne all american" and ill be caught up!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

saw the movie tonight, well worth the rental, and i recommend people to buy this....a true classic.

now to find a papale jersey for cheap...
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CB123
Legend

saw the movie tonight, well worth the rental
Yeah it was pretty good, I saw it the other week. and since I work at blockbuster I rented it for free :yes:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!