Invincible: Dreams are not lived on the sidelines

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

O'Shea

Just wondering if any Lionbackers are planning on checking out the new Mark Wahlberg movie "Invincible" this weekend?

Premise: Thirty-year-old Vince Papale (Wahlberg) sees his wildest dreams come true when he becomes a member of the Philadelphia Eagles football team. Based on a true story.

I was thinking about taking in a showing this weekend myself, but wanted to see if anyone else had already been to the movie and had some reviews or was interested in grabbing a show. Unfortunately, this isn't a "chick flick" kind of movie my usual crew of friends would be up for.

Yah yah I know.... :roll: this is NOT a dating website... :lol: I'm the one who coined that phrase IIRC :wink:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I'll definitely check it out but not on the big screen..I'll wait for the dvd or PPV...

I usually only hit the theatre for the big effects type movie...
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I'll definitely check it out but not on the big screen..I'll wait for the dvd or PPV...

Ditto, we are beyond the demographics that the movie industry gears itself for though.
Entertainment value = an all time low
O'Shea

Ahhh... Well I go for the BIG screen BIG sound experience... love it! My quaint little apartment (bigger than my last place) still isn't big enough to house a decent home theatre system :sigh: Plus I like the popcorn for some strange reason.
CB123
Legend

I would want to see it more if Mark Wahlberg wasnt in it.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

I like what I've seen in the t.v. commercial so far
I definately want to see it, not sure when, hopefully soon.
First thing that came to mind was that movie where the guy finally gets to play for the Fighting Irish, (name evades me right now).

I know very little about this Mark Wahlberg but apparently he used to be or still is Marky Mark.?

One thing I am sure about is that rap sucks!
CB123
Legend

First thing that came to mind was that movie where the guy finally gets to play for the Fighting Irish, (name evades me right now).
Rudy
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Rudy! thanks, Awesome movie!
Bighill is Badass
O'Shea

AC/DCrocks wrote:I know very little about this Mark Wahlberg but apparently he used to be or still is Marky Mark.?
Used to be Marky Mark... dropped the name when he left the Funky Bunch in the dust. Did a little modeling for Calvin Klein undies 8) and is now supposed to be a serious actor. I don't mind him... I'm more interested in the story line personally. Mark isn't really my type.
pinkfreud

The trailer looks good, but Greg's not into it so I'll probably rent it when it's out on DVD. Let us know how it is if you do go see it.

Thanks to the Marky Mark reference, I can't get "Good Vibrations" out of my head now.

:bang:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

O'Shea wrote:
AC/DCrocks wrote:I know very little about this Mark Wahlberg but apparently he used to be or still is Marky Mark.?
Used to be Marky Mark... dropped the name when he left the Funky Bunch in the dust. Did a little modeling for Calvin Klein undies 8) and is now supposed to be a serious actor. I don't mind him... I'm more interested in the story line personally. Mark isn't really my type.
he's the principal in some stupid show that my sister watches, Saved by the Bell or something...
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Glenegade

Rammer wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:I'll definitely check it out but not on the big screen..I'll wait for the dvd or PPV...

Ditto, we are beyond the demographics that the movie industry gears itself for though.
I hear ya on that. Some friends of mine wanted to go see Ricky Bobby but I didn't really want to because there's not much I'd get out of it over waiting for it in stores.
There's a bunch of us in Ottawa going out to see it this week. but in Ottawa, this is the closest a lot of us will get this year to football
nelson95
Legend

Its a disney film so realism will not be included
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
The_Pauser
Legend

Saw the movie tonight with my Dad and I gotta say it was an excellent movie. Highly recommended to all.
Roar you Lions roar!
O'Shea

Cool! Thanks for the recommendation Evolution. :yes: