Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Wear orange or wear nothing
Robbie
Hall of Famer

You can write a condolence message on his obituary guest book:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thepro ... =183105524
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Just noticed a sobering info-bit scrolling bottom of my TV screen stating that autopsy results for our fallen Lion Rick K. have indicated CTE. As we all know, chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a degenerative condition found in people who've suffered repeated blows to the head. What's particularly sobering is that not only concussions contribute, but also asymtomatic subsoncussive hits -- of which there are countless in our beloved game. Thank goodness for stricter rules and better helmets over the decades -- but bottom line, these young fellows are taking significant risks for sake of entertainment. It is a relief to know that they're educated on this and it's their choice and they continue to come to play and enjoy it! But, still, I do feel particularly conflicted when I read a news item such as this, regards Rick Klassen. Hardly surprising that this was the case, but sobering just the same. My hat's off to all our guys on our team and across the league(s) -- wishing a safe season ongoing!
cklassen87
prospect

SammyGreene wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:24 am
David wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:Correct me if Im wrong but did Rick have a Travel Ageny with Ian Sinclair. Thnx BB
No Bob, that would be Gerald Roper and Ian Sinclair (W.E. Travel), not Rick Klassen.

TSN Radio's Donnie Taylor had a nice tribute to Rick today. Talked about how big the Lions were here in the 80s and the players were like rock stars. Rick was always a personable guy to Don and a great, thoughtful interview.

DH :cool:
Can't recall the year (84?) but it was one of those epic Bomber games and I think on a rare Friday night at BC Place. Lions were down to their back up QB (Tim Cowan) and had no healthy import RBs so gave the start to the "other" Don Taylor, a perennial Canadian back up. . Defence was lights out in a big Lions win with Klassen diving to trip up Clements for a huge sack near the Bombers goal line. Taylor was the unexpected star rushing for over 100 yards.

You’re right, it was the final game of the 1984 regular season with first place on the line. The Lions won 20-3 behind a dominant defensive performance.

The play you speak of is actually one of my dad’s fondest memories as a player. I found the play and put this together as a momento after he passed. Enjoy!

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

cklassen87 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:34 am
SammyGreene wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:24 am
David wrote:
No Bob, that would be Gerald Roper and Ian Sinclair (W.E. Travel), not Rick Klassen.

TSN Radio's Donnie Taylor had a nice tribute to Rick today. Talked about how big the Lions were here in the 80s and the players were like rock stars. Rick was always a personable guy to Don and a great, thoughtful interview.

DH :cool:
Can't recall the year (84?) but it was one of those epic Bomber games and I think on a rare Friday night at BC Place. Lions were down to their back up QB (Tim Cowan) and had no healthy import RBs so gave the start to the "other" Don Taylor, a perennial Canadian back up. . Defence was lights out in a big Lions win with Klassen diving to trip up Clements for a huge sack near the Bombers goal line. Taylor was the unexpected star rushing for over 100 yards.

You’re right, it was the final game of the 1984 regular season with first place on the line. The Lions won 20-3 behind a dominant defensive performance.

The play you speak of is actually one of my dad’s fondest memories as a player. I found the play and put this together as a momento after he passed. Enjoy!

Thank you for the update. As noted earlier, my recollections of Rick are of his incredible energy, mobility and enthusiasm. :thup:

More and more sports fans are becoming aware of, and concerned by, CTE. Much more to be done. God bless.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.