Pat Claridge passes

Info and tributes to former Lions who have past away

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob
Legend

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wear orange or wear nothing
Rammer
Team Captain

Thanks Bob, those cards are a nice touch to his Lion tenure.

RIP and condolences to the family.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Thanks TLK...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Tighthead
Legend

Pat, Bruce and Billy were all active members of my rugby club in their prime and were stalwarts on and off the field. In an era and club known for toughness, they stood out.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Bob Condotta, the excellent football writer for the Seattle Times has an item remembering Pat Claridge. Very nice touch.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... t_110.html
Blitz
Team Captain

Very sad to hear. | loved Pat Claridge's play as a tight end for our Leos...he was one tough guy who went over the middle and made incredibly tough catches. When I think of him as a player I think of an old school type of player, in the same realm as a Johnny Unitas and a Dick Fouts...who gave no quarter nor asked for one.

I remember the last time I saw him.. he was.long past retired and enjoyed a few beers with him while he attended a Leos training camp...he was still a tough guy off the field and called things as he saw them and had no time for small p politics.

Condolescences to his family.....with great respect.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Ballistic Bob
Legend

From Greg Douglas column in the Vancouver Sun today. SHORT HOPS: The world-renowned Vancouver Police Pipe Band will engage in a "Circle of Honour" ceremony at the Celebration of Life for former B.C. Lions all-star receiver Pat Claridge on Saturday, April 21 at the Terminal City Club (2-5 p.m.). Claridge died at the age of 73 after battling Alzheimer's. He played with the Leos from 1961 to 1966, enjoying his best season with the team's first Grey Cup championship team in '64.