1985 Western Final Full Game

Details and Discussions of Each Season of BC Lions Football

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

Somebody uploaded the whole game. This was one of my favorite games to watch on VHS growing up as a kid. I was born that same year so I always thought the 85 run was super cool. Thought it was funny that the fans Booed Dewalt on the early fumble. He was lights out after that.

squishy35
Legend

Thanks for this. It was a real nail biter in 1985. The BC Winnipeg rivalry was electric in the mid eighties. I wish I could find a complete upload of the 1985 GC.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:Somebody uploaded the whole game. This was one of my favorite games to watch on VHS growing up as a kid. I was born that same year so I always thought the 85 run was super cool. Thought it was funny that the fans Booed Dewalt on the early fumble. He was lights out after that.

Posted already here: http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... 24&t=15035
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
louharris74
Rookie

Thanks for posting that. I was there, I remember it was a mob scene on the field after the game. Those games against Winnipeg in the 80's were intense. It was a great rivalry and a great time to be a Lions fan.
Also cool that someone who was just an infant at the time would look back at games from that era. :beauty:
almo89
Legend

louharris74 wrote:Thanks for posting that. I was there, I remember it was a mob scene on the field after the game. Those games against Winnipeg in the 80's were intense. It was a great rivalry and a great time to be a Lions fan.
Also cool that someone who was just an infant at the time would look back at games from that era. :beauty:
Growing up as a kid in the 90s was a tough time to be a Lions fan. I loved watching these games because I remember thinking how cool the orange jerseys looked compared to the Raiders look. Seeing a the stadium packed which pretty much never happened in the 90s except for the 94 Grey Cup was super cool as well. The other thing that stuck in my memory was how tight Dewalt's spirals were.

No waggle back in those days and QB lines up under centre most of the time. The game looked way different.