Two new BC Lions memorabilia books just released!

BC Lions History and Discussion, CFL and BC Lions Collectibles

Moderator: Team Captains

56Parkies
prospect

A good friend, John Wirtanen, is putting out not one, but TWO books on collecting BC Lion memorabilia. If you don't already know, John has written two books on the BC Lions: "Thrown To The Lions" and "50 Years of BC Lions Football"; both fantastic books for any Lions or CFL fan.

If anyone's interested in a copy of either/both book, I can get these out to you.

Here are some snaps from the book:

Volume 1 (mostly 50s through 70s):
front cover
back cover

Volume 2 (mostly 80s to present, plus programs and other items):
front cover
back cover

And some shots of the insides of volume 1:

Each season has a write up on the pics, and then every image in the set is presented. HUGE undertaking, and I think it looks great!

Each book is 8 1/2" x 11", and 450+ pages EACH, loaded with thousands of great photos. The cost per book is $45 plus shipping, or $85 if you want both.

Even for "non-collectors", it's great to have all these photos of the Lions over the past 57 years. Great stuff!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

I just got both from John. They are excellant. Thnx Bob
Wear orange or wear nothing
56Parkies
prospect

Ballistic Bob wrote:I just got both from John. They are excellant. Thnx Bob
I agree -- absolutely fantastic books, with an absolute ton of pics from the 1950s through last year's squad. Killer stuff!
cromartie
Hall of Famer

56Parkies wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:I just got both from John. They are excellant. Thnx Bob
I agree -- absolutely fantastic books, with an absolute ton of pics from the 1950s through last year's squad. Killer stuff!
So do we PM you or, how do we go about getting the books. John's stuff is great.
56Parkies
prospect

cromartie wrote:So do we PM you or, how do we go about getting the books. John's stuff is great.
You can PM me here, and I can get the books out to you directly!
Hendu
prospect

Hey '56 Parkies,

You may be the answer to my conundrum?? I have three of JW's Lions books: the original "Thrown to the Lions" (2000) purchased from the author. As well as the updated "Thrown to.." w/Toppy Vann on cover and a Collecting B.C. Lions - Vol.2.
The last two were purchaed this past summer (2012) at MVP Sports in Victoria. But I dearly feel I'm missing something not having the "Collecting.. - Vol. 1" Tried E-mailing John at a couple addresses but no response. I have phone number(s) but hesitate to call because I'm just not sure. ((??))
If you can figure out a way for me to buy Collecting Vol. 1 I'd appreciate it mucho!!
Cheers..

Hendui