Is Bobby Singh Re-Signing?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Is Bobby Singh going to re-sign?

Yes
74%
No
23%
Going to wait until I hear news for the Richmond School Board.
3%

Total votes: 39
Rammer
Team Captain

Simple yes or no to this poll.
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

What I would like to know is Wally bidding against himself for Singh's services?
I have heard little to no interest from other CFL teams and how his agent was actually going to be contacting other GMs. Given the lack of Canadian OL FAs this year... it is surprising... school board position or not.

Is his contract demands just too high? We saw what happened to Chris Burns last year.

I do think he will sign here but I will say it's advantage Wally at this stage of FA.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:What I would like to know is Wally bidding against himself for Singh's services.
I have heard little to no interest from other CFL teams and how his agent was actually going to be contact other GMs. Given the lack of Canadian OL FAs this year... it is surprising... school board position or not.

Is his contract demands just too high? We saw what happened to Chris Burns last year.

I do think he will sign here but I will say it's advantage Wally at this stage of FA.
I am sure that Bobby is receiving offers, but he may not of found the one that pushes Wally just yet. Had he really been looking for a contract from elsewhere for other than a competitive amount, he would of likely been signed by now. The longer this takes, I agree wth you Sammy, the better Wally sits.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I think he is going to re-sign. I think he had the long-term (for him AND his family) in mind when he ran for the Richmond School Board. I'm thinking and ( :cr:) that he is just looking for the best available situation HERE in BC that allows him to play football and make a positive contribution off the field.
maddeep73
Champion

Well, I've made my views on this clear on other threads... he stays, no question. He's just trying to get his best deal.
Keepin' it real
Don Miller
Legend

:rockin: I don't see him going anywhere. He wants a three year deal with a raise. I think DD should give up some of his $$ for his own protection. We need the big guy up front for sure, especially as he is a Canadian and a starter to boot.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Lionut
Hall of Famer

No one else has made him an offer because no one believes he is truly serious about leaving BC.

Here's a scenario for you. Another team's GM calls Singh's agent and tells him the following -- "Get a flight to our town, and come to our office. We want to make a deal. If we agree on a number and terms, you sign it right then and there, no phone calls back to Wally." Do you think Singh gets on that flight to Montreal/Ottawa/Winnipeg/etc.? I say he doesn't, and every GM in the league knows it. No one wants to be used as leverage, and that's all any competing offer would be right now.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Don Miller
Legend

Good article in the Province this morning. Both sides are playing hard ball. We need Bobby but Wally is prepared to play an import if need be by the look of it to stay under the salary cap.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Wally, who is no fool, has figured out that Singh is bluffing. This puts Singh in a tough position -- he either signs somewhere else, which he really doesn't want to do, or goes cap in hand to Wally and quietly makes his best deal.

Sammy is right in that this is very reminiscent of the situation Chris Burns found himself in last year. Burns was certain that he would attract a lot of interest in free agency, and kept his demands high even when it became clear that Ottawa wasn't budging, and his phone wasn't ringing. He thought that injuries early in the year might up his value, but that didn't happen either. His stubborn stance cost him a year of football. The player advantage comes in the first few days of free agency. As time rolls on, teams simply have to get their depth charts and budgets in order, and as a result a free agent like Singh loses leverage to management every day.

Prediction -- Singh and the Lions come to a deal on the eve of the season, just in time for Bobby not to miss a game cheque, but allowing him to miss most of camp. (Veterans and offensive linemen hate camp, and he qualifies on both counts.)
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I voted no.

I think the Lions have decided to shed the "Cancer of the League" label.
maddeep73
Champion

I think the Lions have decided to shed the "Cancer of the League" label.
Can you expand on this? I didn't know they had that rep?
Keepin' it real
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Cancer of the League?????

Singh? I doubt that.

The Lions?....doubt it even more.

Please enlighten us :?
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
squishy35
Legend

I think he's referring to Printers' scenario and feels that the other CFL cities refer to BC as being a miserable place to play.

I don't think that way though :roar: .
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I'm refering to a rider fan who calls himself mfot, created a real dog's breakfast of a thread here about how we are the cancer of the league (for breaking the cap) and us Lions fans should burn in hell.
squishy35
Legend

Lionheart wrote:I'm refering to a rider fan who calls himself mfot, created a real dog's breakfast of a thread here about how we are the cancer of the league (for breaking the cap) and us Lions fans should burn in hell.

I remember that thread. It was a nasty one. I haven't heard of MFOT for a while.