Football in the Olympics?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Football in the Olympics?

Yes!
33%
No.
67%

Total votes: 45
crburrows
Champion

Not enough countries could field a competitive team. Plus the physical nature of the sport would not allow enough recovery time for the players.
This is the case for Ladies Hockey.

Are you saying it should be removed?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

No to the Olympics, but I'd love to see a World Cup-style gridiron tournament every four years if a handful of countries are interested in participating.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:You have video of this of course, Dale? Tryouts, practices, full contact drills etc.? :twisted:
Actually, I think I do have some vignettes of this league playing games. Helmets, cleats and underwear. It gives an entirely new meaning to the phrase of " holding " or " turf burn ". Ohh that would be painful diving for a ball with hardly anything on.
tigger
All Star

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Not enough countries could field a competitive team. Plus the physical nature of the sport would not allow enough recovery time for the players.

:whs:

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BECOME ARGO FANS
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:... Plus the physical nature of the sport would not allow enough recovery time for the players.
hmm, that could make for an interesting tournement\war. What they could do is have very large rosters, and part of the goal would not just be for your starters to outplay but for replacements to get the job done in furture games. As players drop out, other are inserted and it becomes a real group ironman type of contest. Could be very entertaining. Starting competitors could be something like,

Team Canada
Team USA
Team Australia
Team Britian\commonwealth
Team Europe 1 (group of countries)
Team Europe 2 (second group of countries)

Two groups. in semi round robin play. 2+ days between games per team.

Its a stretch, but it could be doable. I know it will not be but...
Every day that passes is one you can't get back