CFL video game?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Would you buy CFL video game?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:22 pm

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 45
notahomer
Hall of Famer

As mentioned here by another Lionbacker a few months back the CFL is in discussion with Electronic Arts regarding a CFL video game. I for one, would RUSH out and BUY one the day it came out. I am not an avid gamer but the chance to play CFL football would not be missed.
Charlene

I would totally buy it! I'm not a big gamer either...but it would be fun to play that, and i'd also buy it just to make sure they make money off of it and bring out more! :wink:
jim604
All Star

as much as my xbox360 and i would enjoy this, i dont see it happening on our console platforms...far too much development costs vs. paying customers...if someone got the ball rolling on the PC, it would be a nice step. :helmet:

avg. projected cost of developing a xbox360 game is upwards of 9 million US.
devide that by less than 30 million canadians... i wish that i could see this happening in the near future as i would JUMP FOR JOY :)
heck they made an AFL game this year! 4 down football on a 50 yard field... hmmm.
Last edited by jim604 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pigskinpatriot
Starter

Sign me up..........I heard about this a year or so ago,then the rumour went away. EA is right here in town so let's get 'er done.
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

This thread pops up on every forum every month. It would be great, and I would buy it....realistically...it will NEVER happen.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
O'Shea

No and I wouldn't buy an NFL game either... not the gamer type. Interesting EA just laid off 150 people!!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

2012 Season Ticket Holder
tailgate

i would buy it for sure!!!! support what you love, or risk loosing it ! :roar:
the only thing that hits home is money! thats why , when i say (support) i mean buy every bit of lions swag i can fit in my home and in or on my minivan(tailgate machine) or on my body!!! socks hats jerseys license plate holder and all the rest!!!! its money that keeps the team on the field !!!! not my undying love for the team!
if they make it , and its not too expensive .
I WILL BUY IT!
and lets face it, the new swag from RBKis top quality!
when i go down to the states in my g roy jersey everybody always tells me how nice it is!
oh yeah ... i would buy a video game!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:This thread pops up on every forum every month. It would be great, and I would buy it....realistically...it will NEVER happen.
I'm with you there about it probably never happening. I was just surprised because Tom Wright was the one discussing it. And there is a version of Australian Rules Football. That is another sport I used to enjoy watching (hard to find on TV now). Now if the video game market can support an Aussie Rules Football game......
Superfan

You bet I would buy it!!!

:yes:
CB123
Legend

I would buy one.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
CB123
Legend

I would buy one.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

I would only buy it if it featured ONLY Canadian QB's for every team. Oh wait, that's inaslump's dream, not mine.

No, I wouldn't buy it. I'm not a gamer. I'd rather go out and watch any live game, CFL, CIS, BCJFL, highschool, pick up games in the park. If there aren't any live games, than TV and videotape replay.
LFITQ
Team Captain

the CFL is in discussion with Electronic Arts regarding a CFL video game.
This probably isn't going anywhere now that EA has just announced several layoffs to their BC Operations.

Guess they paid too much for the exclusive rights to the NFL to keep people on in BC ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:I would only buy it if it featured ONLY Canadian QB's for every team. Oh wait, that's inaslump's dream, not mine.

No, I wouldn't buy it. I'm not a gamer. I'd rather go out and watch any live game, CFL, CIS, BCJFL, highschool, pick up games in the park. If there aren't any live games, than TV and videotape replay.
:whs:

However I may see the purchase when I decided to let my children entertain themselves via the gaming. It would be a great way to capture a new generation of fans, the CFL has to realize this.

I recall Ackles suggesting that the CFL would have a game out last season, that didn't pan out very well. So it is obvious that this isn't high priority in the CFL currently, just be happy if it does show up in the near future.
Entertainment value = an all time low