SuperBowl! Make Your Pick!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who Will Win The SuperBowl?

Steelers!!!!!!
30%
Seahawks
70%

Total votes: 60
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Not actually.

Pittsburgh is 3-0, all on the road.

Hawks are more rested, 2-0 o at home.

You sell Seattle receivers short, IMHO. Pittsburgh will have to counter the NFL's best runner and MVP, while still containing 4 excellent receivers.

Seattle's D is also better, IMHO.

Cinderella, it's past midnight. You should have gotten the carriage back to Pittsburgh in time.
Eskimos32001
prospect

If Seattle goes with the usual short passing game, Polamalu will be around to make some big plays. The rest of their underrated secondary can also cover deep, so I'm beting they have a better chance of throwing short, so they will...and in that case, Pittsburg's linebackers will also be around. Shaun hasn't been his usual self in the playoffs yet, besides ripping off 3 good runs.

This will be a battle of attrition, it'll go down to the 4th Quarter, and since Pittsburg is used to playing those types of games, as compared to Seattle winning early and coasting....Pittsburg takes it.
I am Numburz, Hear Me Roar!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I have bookmarked this thread ....just for you. :wink: :twisted:
Eskimos32001
prospect

I look forward to Monday then.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

No one outside the Pacific Northwest respects the Hawks. That's fine, they'll get their props after Sunday.

Unless on Monday all those same people will say, "Yeah but who did they beat to win the Super Bowl? They beat a sixth seed team!" :roll:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Eskimos32001
prospect

Everyone keeps saying they get no respect, but they do...c'mon, they had the MVP.

Through most of this last week, I've seen the Seahawks get all the respect, while the Steelers get barely any.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

OS99....Numberz has spoken.

We must bow to his greater knowledge and expertise. :twisted:

Numberz...have you overlooked the fact that the Media Outlets that you see in Sask are mostly western based? Trust us, the Steelers get plenty of coverage east of Saskatchewan. Way more than the Hawks ever could.
Eskimos32001
prospect

So....because they get less media attention, they are a better team?
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

The fact is, no one outside of the PNW get's to see the Hawks a lot. That and the Steeler's have a much broader fan base than the Hawks do.

All the Eastern media, all eastern fans seem to think Pittsburgh will win easily. That's fine...
So....because they get less media attention, they are a better team?
Who said that? All we're saying is in our opinion you are under-estimating Seattle. We'll see come Sunday.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Eskimos32001
prospect

I'm not underestimating them, In my mind, I thought Seattle would be favoured...I made my prediction of who would win half way through the NFC Championship Game, before all the media coverage. I honestly don't care what other people think, I'm picking Pittsburg because I see the matchup and I see a team I think will win.
the rouge reveller

the Burgh is hotter than a firecracker right now, and after three wins on the road, and now basically being the home team, what with Bettis being from D-town (D obviously meaning Dirt), i think it'll be the Steel Curtain by 10. I'm shocked at the dichtomy of pro-Hawks predicitions to pro-Steeler choices. Personally, i'm rootin' for the Burgh, as no coach in the league deserves that miniscule trophy than Bill "Glower" Cowher. However, if the Hawks do enough hawking to hawk out the big W, then props go to those guys.
Rammer
Team Captain

the rouge reveller wrote:the Burgh is hotter than a firecracker right now, and after three wins on the road, and now basically being the home team, what with Bettis being from D-town (D obviously meaning Dirt), i think it'll be the Steel Curtain by 10. I'm shocked at the dichtomy of pro-Hawks predicitions to pro-Steeler choices. Personally, i'm rootin' for the Burgh, as no coach in the league deserves that miniscule trophy than Bill "Glower" Cowher. However, if the Hawks do enough hawking to hawk out the big W, then props go to those guys.
Sooner or later that firecracker bursts and has nothing left to offer, here is hoping that was last game. I am with OS and SM in that the Hawks are only PNW viewed and why the betting line is in Pittsburghs favour. Seattle is sound in all aspects of the game, and don't beat themselves on offensive gambles. Watch out Pittsburgh, for a tough game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Eskimos32001
prospect

losing Roethlisberger for part of the year made Pittsburgh's record look worse than they were. They could easily be 13-3, because Maddox single-handedly lost them a couple games, not to mention momentum, which they didn't gain again after the Colts' loss.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Eskimos32001 wrote:So....because they get less media attention, they are a better team?
No. They're a better team because they play better football.
Eskimos32001 wrote:Through most of this last week, I've seen the Seahawks get all the respect, while the Steelers get barely any.
First you said that Seattle gets all the attention. Now you're saying that Pittsburgh gets all the attention?

K Numburz...waddya sayin' here? Make up my mind, willya?
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I'm really hoping Seattle wins....the only down side to this would be watching Hines Ward cry like a baby again.....pathetic. :bawl: :bawl:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008