Least Favourite CFL Team?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who's Your Least Favourite CFL Team?

Calgary
4%
Edmonton
64%
Saskatchewan
21%
Winnipeg
4%
Toronto
4%
Montreal
1%
Ottawa
1%
Hamilton
1%

Total votes: 81
Bosco
Team Captain

A few years ago, I would have said Wally and the Stamps 8) , however, these days, I have to look a few miles to the north and cast my vote for Hughie Campbell's "Salary Cap Be Damned" Eskimos. :roar:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

My goodness me...the Eskimos are ahead in the poll.

Someone should call Hughie and tell him that his Mr. Congeniality Crown is in danger.

Seriously, if Wally had been able to pull of that Joe Fleming trade last fall, and kept all of our Players here (a la Jason Maas) for the duration of the season, most of us would probably have shrugged, winked and grinned.

But we didn't. Hughie did. So he's a bad boy, and we're all in a tizzy because he pulled one over on the other 7 teams, and rudely violated the last one.

Here's the lesson, Messers. Ackles, Braley and Buono.

Look up the rules. Use them to your advantage to screw the other teams when (hopefully before) you deal with them. Do this not because it's bad for the League, but do it because it might help you down the stretch run. Do it because your fans and players are more important than, say, Ottawa's.

To hell with the League. Just win, baby. It's the Eskimo way. and we need to get better at it than they are, right now. Not next week, now.

Nice guys finish in First Place...and I hope we never do THAT again.
Rammer
Team Captain

Bosco wrote:A few years ago, I would have said Wally and the Stamps 8) , however, these days, I have to look a few miles to the north and cast my vote for Hughie Campbell's "Salary Cap Be Damned" Eskimos. :roar:
First there is no salary cap, secondly we are not angels in the salary structure of the CFL. We really need to let go of this until an enforced SC is in place, and even then I am sure there will be ways to skirt around the bottomline of the paper contract.

But I do agree with the Eskimo's as the team that stung us and are at the top of the pole. However I do see that Calgary could easily regain that position next season, wouldn't that be funny, having a third team in as many seasons being our most hat.....least liked team.
Entertainment value = an all time low
bceskiesfan

eskinator wrote:Hilarious poll :lol:

Hilarious results so far, and getting funnier I would imagine :lol:

Uh, I don't see the Lions on the poll question? :wink:

BTW I am an Edmontonian who hates the City of Champions moniker. :bang:

I was told by a native Edmontonian that the C.O.C. moniker was actually derived from a hurricane/twister that hit the city and/or surrounding areas sometime in the 80's. It killed something like 17 people (IIRC) and the mayor at the time deemed Edmonton "The City of Champions" with the way that people banded together and helped each other out. It's a common misconception that the C.O.C. title refers to their success in sports.

Edit: BTW, I voted for Sask... :rockin:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Its always the Riders.....dam hillbillies :wink:

Any Bomber fan will tell you that....and then he'll ask you for spare change :lol:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Its always the Riders.....dam hillbillies :wink:

Any Bomber fan will tell you that....and then he'll ask you for spare change :lol:
So says the ban................never mind

The Eskies don't bother me as much as the Rider Nation does.
Diesel

Solar Max wrote:My goodness me...the Eskimos are ahead in the poll.

Someone should call Hughie and tell him that his Mr. Congeniality Crown is in danger.

Seriously, if Wally had been able to pull of that Joe Fleming trade last fall, and kept all of our Players here (a la Jason Maas) for the duration of the season, most of us would probably have shrugged, winked and grinned.

But we didn't. Hughie did. So he's a bad boy, and we're all in a tizzy because he pulled one over on the other 7 teams, and rudely violated the last one.

Here's the lesson, Messers. Ackles, Braley and Buono.

Look up the rules. Use them to your advantage to screw the other teams when (hopefully before) you deal with them. Do this not because it's bad for the League, but do it because it might help you down the stretch run. Do it because your fans and players are more important than, say, Ottawa's.

To hell with the League. Just win, baby. It's the Eskimo way. and we need to get better at it than they are, right now. Not next week, now.

Nice guys finish in First Place...and I hope we never do THAT again.
Well said. It's not up to an individual team to do what's best for the league during a season. That team's obligation is to it's fans and winning a championship nothing less.

It's up to the league to do what's best for the league but I guess it's easier to vent one's spleen at someone for being successful. The true canadian way........
Joshua

Love the Riders are in second place :rockin:

Usually Edmonton and Winnipeg. But Calgary takes the cake now. Winnipeg reminds me too much of our situation: no money, no cap, no rich owners, at least we have a solid GM :wink:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

at least we have a solid GM
LOL...I thought you wrote "solid BM"....that would be more accurate. :lol:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
tigger
All Star

Hmmmmm I wonder who that might be :twisted:

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BECOME ARGO FANS
Rammer
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:
at least we have a solid GM
LOL...I thought you wrote "solid BM"....that would be more accurate. :lol:
That is the number two funny of the off season. 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low