Benefits of TV versus Stadium

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Prefer watching Lions on TV or at Stadium?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:46 pm

At the Dome with other fans
86%
At home with remote in hand
14%

Total votes: 28
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The Western Final was the end of my rookie season as a season ticket holder. I definately grew to enjoy various things about watching the Lions play in the stadium versus at home on TV.

There certainly are things about watching a football game that televsion tries to cover but just can't. The things where I would give television the win is talking to players/coaches, replays and hearing officials calls (and cheaper food/shorter bathroom lines). All in all I think given a choice watching a game in person or on TV, I'd rather be in the Stadium.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I'd way rather be at the stadium! Because you rely on a camera when you watch it on TV and dont really get the atmosphere on the screen.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

prefer the dome to TV any day, but there are some changes that need to be made.....

1. How about air conditioning in the summer......the sweat lodge tends to get a bit hot and humid in July and August.

2. Concessions and beer lineups are the worst I've seen in ANY stadium.....for 8 bucks for a draft....u would expect a tad quicker.

3. Still need more security

4. More games vs the Bombers!!! At least so we can score more than 1 point!! :wink:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No contest, give me the stadium any day. Do you think that TV will show the two ladies kissing at the Grey Cup ? NOT ! :wink: Another advantage of television is I don't have to listen to Steve Armitage !
Last edited by TheLionKing on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside
lol and OF COURSE STADIUM WOULD WIN EVERY TIME and no they wouldnt show it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:I feel all warm and fuzzy inside
lol and OF COURSE STADIUM WOULD WIN EVERY TIME and no they wouldnt show it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
They wouldnt because there'd be a 15 year old kid in front of them the whole time! (A.K.A. Dan Payne Fan!!) :lol: 8) :twisted: :twisted:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
O'Shea

Dome... it's difficult to focus on the game when you have a remote in hand - admitted channel surfer here. Plus, I always feel a little stupid yelling at my screen :oops: There's nothing like getting caught up in the energy of the crowd. The very reason why I bought ST '06 - I'll have no more excuses for missing games (I hope).
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:I feel all warm and fuzzy inside
They wouldnt because there'd be a 15 year old kid in front of them the whole time! (A.K.A. Dan Payne Fan!!) :lol: 8) :twisted: :twisted:
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! i know ur just kidding. :lol:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

You should come out to a pubgater with me, Lionheart, smphantom and Ballistic Bob. You'll feel right at home yelling at the TV with a beer in hand.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:prefer the dome to TV any day, but there are some changes that need to be made.....

1. How about air conditioning in the summer......the sweat lodge tends to get a bit hot and humid in July and August.

:whs:
I'm not sure if it was just for the Grey Cup, or just because we were in a different secstion (Section 5 UD), but I was FREEZING! It shows that it is possib;e to cool that place, so why don't they?? :?
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:
West Coast Blue Fan wrote:prefer the dome to TV any day, but there are some changes that need to be made.....

I noticed the same thing. Me thinks they must have opened a few doors.

I'm not sure if it was just for the Grey Cup, or just because we were in a different secstion (Section 5 UD), but I was FREEZING! It shows that it is possib;e to cool that place, so why don't they?? :?
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yeah it was so frekin cold in there. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
O'Shea

Canuck_4_Life wrote:You should come out to a pubgater with me, Lionheart, smphantom and Ballistic Bob. You'll feel right at home yelling at the TV with a beer in hand.
Sounds dangerous :yes: Hmmm... are we assuming I drink beer? :beer:
MrsLFITQ

CatsEyes wrote:

I was surprised at how cold it was up there - I had come dressed expecting it to be hot inside and instead it was freezing. The only thing I can think of, is that its a lot easier to cool it off when its already cold outside.

Even in the heat in the summer, the dome is great compared to watching on TV. I end up missing more of the game at home dealing with kids and preparing the snacks than I do in the Dome.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

O'Shea wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:You should come out to a pubgater with me, Lionheart, smphantom and Ballistic Bob. You'll feel right at home yelling at the TV with a beer in hand.
Sounds dangerous :yes: Hmmm... are we assuming I drink beer? :beer:
Unless, you're not of age, then yes, I am assuming that you drink beer.