If there was a TOPCANADIANRECIEVER award, who would you pick

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

who would you pick for TCR and why

Jason Clermont
58%
Ben Cahoon
33%
Ryan Thelwell
8%

Total votes: 24
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

and why?
Last edited by Dan_Payne_fan!! on Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Right now, I'd pick Ryan Thelwell but that is a tough thing to do with Ben Cahoon in the mix. It is hard to not pick a player from the team you support but this guy keeps getting better and better.

For me, Jason Clermont is a top receiver but for some games he hasn't had the tosses his way. I know at one point after that debacle in Winnipeg I questioned his play that day as that is when the big guys step it up a level or two and deliver when the rookie QB is at the helm - like they did for Pierce in earlier games.

Oh yeah, on that day in Winnipeg after the Lions opened well for a TD, a receiver did take it to the next level for 4 TDs only he was wearing Bomber blue - Milt Stegall. My ears are still ringing from the cannon fire.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I voted Cahoon but I'd pick LION82 for the classiest WR.

LION82 for PM! :rockin:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
squishy35
Legend

Dave Stala should be on that poll. He had a heck of a year and caught in the clutch many, many times in the regular and post season.

Therefore, he would get my vote.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

ooops my bad
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Cahoon=consistency.

Clermont's value is kinda diminshed because of the talented receivers around him (Simon, Thelwell, Simmons, Jackson).
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Dave Stalla. He's made all the big catches this past season.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Cahoon. He's a more critical element of the Als offense and a very hard nose, clutch receiver.

That isn't taking anything away from Clermont, but the Lions have more weapons.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I voted Clermont. Cahoon's my favourite non-Lion reciever. I'd give the nod simply because of smashsmouth football. I love the YAC of #82 and the way he runs over tacklers.

I feel guilty about Thelwell. I was one of the ones wondering WHY when the Lions kept him around through his droppsies. He's fought through a lot. He's admitted to struggling with depression and the fact he's become a top Lions reciever while going through that is enough for me. I hope he continues playing the way he has.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

They are all excellent receivers. Each one brings something special to the table.
nelson95
Legend

Cahoon would win the Dirty Thirty Award
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Blitz
Team Captain

Cahoon is the guy Montreal likes to go in the clutch. Clermont or Thelwell, if used in that way are every bit as good. Thelwell plays the wide side receiver position and its a long throw out there. The most underrated of them all is probably Thelwell...who may also be the most talented of the three....he's probably got the fastest first step of any receiver in the CFL and is great at YAK yards. Gotta love Clermont though for his hands and his toughness. Hard to compare them..they all bring different things to the table...the good news is that we have two of the top three and Paris Jackson is coming on!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

All three are sure-handed 1,000-yard receivers. Only one is also a key blocker who can flatten linebackers. JC wins for versatility.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:Cahoon is the guy Montreal likes to go in the clutch. Clermont or Thelwell, if used in that way are every bit as good. Thelwell plays the wide side receiver position and its a long throw out there. The most underrated of them all is probably Thelwell...who may also be the most talented of the three....he's probably got the fastest first step of any receiver in the CFL and is great at YAK yards. Gotta love Clermont though for his hands and his toughness. Hard to compare them..they all bring different things to the table...the good news is that we have two of the top three and Paris Jackson is coming on!!
:whs:

Cahoon is the go to guy in Montreal, we have Simon blocking that possibility for either/or of Thelwell/Clermont. Cahoon does bring the most of clutch and tough to the table, while our receivers are the dominate receiver every third or fourth game.
Entertainment value = an all time low