Winnipeg 2006

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Going to Winnipeg for 2006?

Yes
27%
Yes but ask me again when the buzz is over
8%
No
33%
No but ask me again after I get my Xmas money ...
33%

Total votes: 49
LFITQ
Team Captain

Well we are looking at going to both 2006 and 2007 (Grey Cup and Vanier Cup on the same weekend? I WANT to be a part of that!!).

However, 2006 might come at the expense of a trip out to Ottawa for Canada Day. First thing tho is to line up sitters for the kids as we will be going kidless to 2006 if we go ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm aiming for TO in '07. I don't do winter and don't have the wardrobe or fortitude to sit through an outdoor game on the Prairies in November.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:
LFITQ wrote:Ok before the buzz is completely over ...

How many are thinking about making the trip into the frigid for next year?

Just checked online and West Jet isn't allowing you to book airfare yet. But I did do a test run of a Wednesday to Monday flight (used September 2006 just as a test) and I got a price of $1289.02 from PG return for 2 adults.

time to start watching for seat sales ...
Is it cheaper to fly from & to a US destination ( Seattle - Minnesota ) and drive up?
Well for me getting to Seattle is probably just as much a pain in the ass as any money I'm going to see.

Secondly, I'd hate to get caught between Minnesota and Winnipeg if the weather turns bad and you end up missing the game. Airports tend to open sooner than highways ... Plus I'm not sure if the one way car rentals from the US to Canada will save you any real money ...

Just as an aside it would cost me $754.02 just to fly from PG to Vancouver. So an extra $500 to Winnipeg isn't that bad ... Plus I'm certain there will be a seat sale between now and then - you just have to keep an eye on it. My in-laws booked their flights from PG to Vancouver on a seat sale and ended up paying $77 each person / each way - which isn't bad.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
GCG

I shall be fully recovered by then. So. Ya, count me in.

When does the schedule come out? When does the season start? :? :? :rockin: :yes: :yes: :lol:
BBBob

I'll be there and I hope that ya'll will be too! [didn't vote]

:beer:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:And I just found out that I will go to Grey Cup 07 instead of 06 because there would be no taxi or hotel fees in Toronto! :thup: (I love relatives now :bb: 8) )
and its at the SkyDOME! :rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:And I just found out that I will go to Grey Cup 07 instead of 06 because there would be no taxi or hotel fees in Toronto! :thup: (I love relatives now :bb: 8) )
and its at the SkyDOME! :rockin:
Isnt toronto building a new stadium or am I getting the Argos mixed up wit da Whitecaps??
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
MacNews
Team Captain

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Isnt toronto building a new stadium or am I getting the Argos mixed up wit da Whitecaps??
They were until they pulled out and signed another deal at the SkyDump.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I'm in for both 2006 and 2007..........it's an annual event afterall.

Cupaholic (thanks Tigger) pretty well says it all.
Lloyd
BBBob

Shi Zi Mi wrote:I'm in for both 2006 and 2007..........it's a cult afterall.

Cupaholic (thanks Tigger) pretty well says it all.
There, I fixed your post Shi Zi Mi! :lol:

<<<pround member of the Grey Cup Cult :thup:

:beer: