Edmonton or Montreal

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

For Grey Cup do you want Montreal or Edmonton?

Montreal, can't cheer for the Esks
75%
Edmonton, gotta love the west
25%

Total votes: 12
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

The subject says it all :wink:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Oh yeah, Go als! :rockin:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I respect the Esks and think they're due for a good offensive game for a change, and I like the Esks fans who post online, but I reserve the right to change my mind after hanging around out-of-town fans downtown for the next few days.
Cameron

I was going to put something like this topic on but I was going to wait until tommorrow.

What I would like to know though is who do you think is going to win and why. Not who are you cheering for. Many people on this board will cheer for Montreal because of what happened last week. I would like people to get beyond that and look at the two teams that are involved and give a score and why.

Basically use your head not just your heart.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Not ready to make a call yet, but do agree with Wally Buono who said the winner will be the team with the hot QB on the day. He also didn't see any back ups in which is interesting in the Esks case. Not too surprising with the Als as they haven't given Ted White that much time this season.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
NYCFLFAN
Rookie

THE ALS!!!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm cheering the Al's and I think they'll win. Cahoon is my favourite non-Lion reciever in the CFL and he's had a tough season with injuries. I think Montreal has enough weapons on both sides of the ball. Not sure about the special teams. I have said it on other threads. The Eskimoes deserve to be in the Grey Cup but they DO NOT deserve to be bragging. THey won but certainly not the way Montreal did for example. Couple breaks here or there and either Calgary/BC would be playing the AL's, IMHO.
Cameron

notahomer wrote:I'm cheering the Al's and I think they'll win. Cahoon is my favourite non-Lion reciever in the CFL and he's had a tough season with injuries. I think Montreal has enough weapons on both sides of the ball. Not sure about the special teams. I have said it on other threads. The Eskimoes deserve to be in the Grey Cup but they DO NOT deserve to be bragging. THey won but certainly not the way Montreal did for example. Couple breaks here or there and either Calgary/BC would be playing the AL's, IMHO.
This is the type of conversation that I would like to see on this topic. I agree with the weapons, but I we can put up any ESK against any Al and have a real good arguement about who is better. I think it will come down to 3 things

1. Penalties: If the ESKS can avoid taking the stupid ones like they have done the last couple of weeks then they should not be as deep of a hole as often.

2. Turnovers: We have seen in the all the playof games, the team that wins this battle wins the game. (EDM - BC was a tie i know)

3. The battle in the trenches: Montford and the ESKS vs The O-line Montreal. If they can get some pressure on Callvio it will help, if they don't the Callvio will have a very good game. Edmonton O-lin VS Al D-line. If they can open the holes for Davis it will open up the play action and allow Ray/Maas more time. If the Als stuff the run the Esks quarterback will see the roof of the dome more then the matenience people.
hexx

Cameron wrote:1. Penalties: If the ESKS can avoid taking the stupid ones like they have done the last couple of weeks then they should not be as deep of a hole as often.
refsks take penalties :?

btw... wouldn't be surprised if the refsks are loudly booed on sunday