Dickenson or Printers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dickenson or Printers?

Dickenson
24%
Printers
76%

Total votes: 68
crburrows
Champion

Yes, I know it's too early.

However, I think that I have made up my mind.

I love both Dickenson and Printers.

That said, I think that the Lions should do what they can to keep Casey around, because:
  • - he's got youth, and can likely stick around for a while. Dave is 33 (almost my age :wink: ), and may or may not have too many years left.
    - Dave is Exciting, but Casey is EXCITING.
    - Casey will sell more seats.
    - Who on earth would want to be known as "THE GUY THAT LET CASEY GET AWAY," as in "WALLY BUONO IS THE GUY THAT LET CASEY GET AWAY."
    - After the game, nobody - NOBODY showed the emotion of the loss more than Casey. I was in Section 10, and Casey's game ended pretty much right in front of me. My Dad and I stayed to watch the trophy presentation. Five minutes later, my Dad pointed out that Casey was the only Lion still on the field. He had his hands on his knees, back to us; then he stood up and I saw the reddest eyes I've ever seen on any athlete. Mark Washington came out and picked up Casey's helmet and guided him off the field. I teared up almost as much as I did during the Veterans' game.
I think Casey has the emotion, the athleticism and the charisma to carry this team for 3 - 4 years.

I like Dave. But I think Casey is "it."

Cameron Burrows
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Casey should get the job next year
2012 Season Ticket Holder
crburrows
Champion

It's already 4 - 0 for Casey.

I'm honestly surprised.

I have been a Dave fan (still loving Casey) since . . . since . . . since . . . .

Anyway, damn. I'm still depressed . . . . . . . .
hwgill
Legend

The media is making as though CP's tears make him less of a man. I thought it showed his passion, and I respect CP for it, and I hope to God that Casey is our QB next year. But if not, I want Maas here.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

that showed heart man CP RULES!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
mrlion

Maas ain't coming here, he's probably going to Hamilton.
hwgill wrote:The media is making as though CP's tears make him less of a man. I thought it showed his passion, and I respect CP for it, and I hope to God that Casey is our QB next year. But if not, I want Maas here.
milky

You gotta go with Casey. He's a prototype cfl Qb. He can run and throw on the run, and he's young. Hopefully he will want to sign with the Lions. I love DD but he's injury prone and he's 32 years old. He just doesn't have the mobility to take advantage of the wide cfl field.
Last edited by milky on Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrlion

I believe Wally Bonehead has stated he already has made a decision on which QB will be back next season. Knowing how loyal he is to his "old boys network" DD will be back. I'm fed up with DD in all honesty. He's *always* getting injured. When he suffered that concussion from trying to make the tackle, he shouldn't have tried tackling the guy.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

I love both guys but weighing all the options, I'd like CP to take over next season as the undisputed #1. DD is a classy individual and also a neighbor living down the street from me but the excitement CP generates is contageous!! Just look at the younger fans in the stands!!

Considering the above comments, I truly think CP is done. I think he has lost trust and faith in Wally. I mean, would you want to be back to play second fiddle to DD again?? I'll bet this whole experience will leave a bitter taste in his mouth. If he returns, I will be amazed. Wally and his 'old boys' philosophy just sunk this boat. It is a huge loss for the fans of BC. :roll:
crburrows
Champion

hwgill wrote:The media is making as though CP's tears make him less of a man. I thought it showed his passion, and I respect CP for it, and I hope to God that Casey is our QB next year. But if not, I want Maas here.
Didn't Jesus weep while on the Cross?

Hmm. Maybe as an athiest, I shouldn't bring this up. That said, I did say a little prayer at the 0.06 mark . . . just in case.

What media?!?! Those bastards!!!

Actually, I've been listening to a Bellingham music station, as I don't think I can stand to listen to anything CFL related right now.

Why I'm here I don't know.

I think I need an injection of Vitamin V.
Last edited by crburrows on Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crburrows
Champion

Hopefully he will want to sign with the Lions.
How much do you think it will take? The CBA is up after this year, and scuttlebutt is of a 46% increase.

Here's your headline:
PRINTERS SIGNS FOUR YEAR $3 MILLION CONTRACT

The new standard for a starting QB may well be $750k per year.

I'd love him to have it, but will our owners offer it?

I hope there's enough Good Will in each side.
crburrows
Champion

I believe Wally Bonehead has stated he already has made a decision on which QB will be back next season. Knowing how loyal he is to his "old boys network" DD will be back. I'm fed up with DD in all honesty. He's *always* getting injured. When he suffered that concussion from trying to make the tackle, he shouldn't have tried tackling the guy.
I love Dave, but you're right. Dave's never had a complete season. They say he's built like an accountant (I'm an accountant - If I was built like Dave, I'd be pretty happy with myself).

Casey's not immune from injury (after last year's WDF and before GC, my PT said he'd have been shocked to see CP play - which he didn't).

That said, I think Casey's the man for 2006 - 2009.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I supported Dickenson last year and this year, believing his experience gave the Lions the best chance to win the Cup in 2004 and 2005. I've always believed that Printers holds the most promise for the future of the franchise, both on and off the field. Sign him up and build the offence around him. I firmly believe that if he stays, he'll give everything he has for the team.
crburrows
Champion

Larry Key wrote:I love both guys but weighing all the options, I'd like CP to take over next season as the undisputed #1. DD is a classy individual and also a neighbor living down the street from me but the excitement CP generates is contageous!! Just look at the younger fans in the stands!!

Considering the above comments, I truly think CP is done. I think he has lost trust and faith in Wally. I mean, would you want to be back to play second fiddle to DD again?? I'll bet this whole experience will leave a bitter taste in his mouth. If he returns, I will be amazed. Wally and his 'old boys' philosophy just sunk this boat. It is a huge loss for the fans of BC. :roll:
DD is definitely pure class. How I wish we could seriously keep both DD and CP on this team.

As far as CP staying around, I think that being "second fiddle" is irrelevant, because I don't think that the two are both here under any reasonable scenario - as much as I would like it.

But if CP is offered $750k per year for 3+1 years, I see 2 - 3 GC contenders here.

CP may want a different OC, though. How long is Burrato's contract with Calgary, anyway? :wink:
crburrows
Champion

I supported Dickenson last year and this year, believing his experience gave the Lions the best chance to win the Cup in 2004 and 2005. I've always believed that Printers holds the most promise for the future of the franchise, both on and off the field. Sign him up and build the offence around him. I firmly believe that if he stays, he'll give everything he has for the team.
I don't think I have ever believed that more than today.