Who are we looking at?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do we want to play in the playoffs?

Edmonton
24%
Calgary
66%
Calgary/Edmonton
11%

Total votes: 38
mavv

I'm going with Edmonton.

I feel Calgary/Edmonton are stacked pretty evenly at practically every positions. Just look at their records: 10-6 vs 9-7. Individually, Calgary does have the players in key positions with plenty of playoff experience before so that won't be much of a factor. So the edge is down to the intangibles:

1) Edmonton will collapse on their own weight. They have all this supposed "paper talent" and a ruddle not big enough to steer the giant ship. The ruddle being the coaching staff.

2) Calgary seems to have better team cohesion. Has anyone ever seen a player walking along the sideline tapping everyone on the shoulder like Burris did last Sunday? I mean he was encouraging everyone in sight including the water boy. True leader. Ray on the other hand is probably mulling at his lost opportunity down south right now and doesn't seem to have the same desire as Burris.

3) As a team, Edmonton doesn't seem to be as hungry as Calagary having "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" enough times before.

So in brief, coaching and a hungry team/leader, a la the Flames 2 years ago.
rb
Champion

Ruddle = A rudder for the huddle?

I don't care about Edm or Cgy. I want TO. That's what I want. I want TO on November 27.
hexx

rb wrote:I don't care about Edm or Cgy. I want TO. That's what I want. I want TO on November 27.
hell yes :rockin:
mavv

hexx wrote:what's a ruddle :?
riddle my ruddle?? Is a word but not very good at steering ship unfortunately:

"Red ocherous iron ore, used in dyeing and marking"

Back to my nightly software programming.