Poll: would you have rather

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

how would you rather lose?

46-44
91%
14-12
9%

Total votes: 34
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

have lost 46-44 or 14-12. Sure you never want to lose, but would you feel better about the Lions state of affairs if we had lost a close, low scoring game?

Me? I'm voting for losing the shootout. Montreal has a great offense, and AC will probably win MVP unless DD gets healthy and back to form pronto.
smithers

AC will probably win MVP unless DD gets healthy and back to form pronto
Depends on the remaining games, and definitely it depends on if Mtl wins 1st in the East, and/or if BC wins 1st in the West.
Gerry
Legend

I don't think it really matters, but the shootouts are fun.
Enough is enough.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

For the entertainment value of the game itself, I like the shootout. OTOH, it also depends on how the other team scored, special teams?, turnovers? mistakes that can be corrected? or just plain ineffective defense? Just guessing here, but I think it is easier to correct offensive deficency than defensive deficency. When your defense sucks, its harder to win than when your offense sucks. At least when your offense sucks, you can still hope for defensive and special teams scoring. In todays case, I would have more confidence in the Lions right now if it had been a low scoring loss because I know the offense can get it done in the future. Not so sure at all about this defense. :sigh:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

I like the shootouts! :yes:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

That poll reminds of me of Steve Armpitage's interview with Lion82 after the Grey Cup last year, asking him if being named outstanding Canadian was the dream of a lifetime, to which Clermont responded "It's never been my dream to lose. This is more like a nightmare." A loss is a loss no matter how you slice it. My vote is neither.
Real women wear orange!!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

IMHO, the score is secondary to how well the team played.

Personally, if the team played to the best of their abilities, yet still lost.......I would find that preferable to the team playing like crap but getting an undeserving victory.

But that's just me......
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:IMHO, the score is secondary to how well the team played.

Personally, if the team played to the best of their abilities, yet still lost.......I would find that preferable to the team playing like crap but getting an undeserving victory.

But that's just me......
That pretty well sums up a genric evaluation of the question applied. The positive thread on today's game gives you an example of the good from a 46 - 44 loss, given the recent plight of the Lions, but had we lost 14 - 12 our O would of been in the same rut we have encountered for a few games now. As long as the game was not sloppy, the score is secondary.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MacNews
Team Captain

I say shootout because it means our offense gets back on track, which we desparately needed.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

In this specific instance, I'll take the shootout loss, because I think we needed to see the offence get its !@#@ together, which it did. Plus, week in, week out, we won't face QBs as good as AC are.

Generally speaking, however, I'd rather not lose at all.

It will be important for the pass rush to show up next week. If it does, a win, and things are a lot better than they were three weeks ago.
xxLionsLunarKissxx

No one wants to lose, but I'd have to say 46-44 because it just means a better game. yeah obviously some low points but generally a good game. 46-44 has my vote any day :thup:
TROOPER

Belize City Lion wrote:have lost 46-44 or 14-12. Sure you never want to lose, but would you feel better about the Lions state of affairs if we had lost a close, low scoring game?

Me? I'm voting for losing the shootout. Montreal has a great offense, and AC will probably win MVP unless DD gets healthy and back to form pronto.
I'll go with you on the shootout but, if the season was over today as much as I hate to admitt it, RR gets my vote for MVP.
Brent_Johnson97

I say shootout because it means our offense gets back on track, which we desparately needed.
But that also means our defence sucked.
TheSwerveIsBack24

I'd rather not have lost period! I'd rather win 1-0 then lose 99-98...