POLL: Do you want an OUTDOOR stadium or happy with the dome?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

To Dome or not to Dome ...

Dome
73%
Outdoor
27%

Total votes: 104
120dB
Legend

I'd like to hear from all of you on the great Stadium debate. Who would like a new outdoor stadium, and who is happy with BC Place?

As a noise fan, I want the Stadium to stay. I feel sentimental towards the Stadium. I remember watching them inflate the roof when I was only 14 years old. An outdoor Stadium would be too QUIET. The Lions would no longer have a noise advantage, and they may get rained on.

And for those of you in favour of an outdoor stadium, what seating capacity would the Lions require to remain financially viable?

Would the new Stadium have a track like Commonwealth has? I would prefer no track as that would bring the fans closer to the sidelines.

And would you like a ROOF over the seating area like Empire had and Quest Field has? Or COMPLETELY OPEN AIR so that seagull droppings can fall on your head......

What % of the seats should be between the goal lines? MaMahon in Calgary is almost 100 % between the goal lines.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

im happy with the dome
2012 Season Ticket Holder
LFITQ
Team Captain

So why don't you just make these things polls if you really want to get the votes?

I'm not understanding why you put the title "Poll" in the thread topic but don't actually follow through with making a poll??
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
almo89
Legend

dome all the way
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Outdoor stadiums rule.
Vidguy

I'd love an outdoor stadium. When I was young, my dad used to take me to old Empire Stadium, and I loved it when it was raining! Man..those were some wild games. If we could have REAL grass, and outdoor stadium would rock. If they are just going to use turf, then might as well keep it in the dome.

A good 40k seat outdoor stadium would be great IMHO.
stansz
Champion

dome dome dome!!!
pumped!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Having attended games at Empire Stadium in the rain, I wonder how many would actually attend the games in that weather. I suspect a vast majority.
MacNews
Team Captain

Dome or Bust.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Outdoor (covered sideline seats) 35,000 capacity with ability expand to 50,000 for playoff games and Grey Cups.

? The indoor/outdoor thing doesn't bother me as much as how a smaller capacity stadium would put a greater premimum on season tickets and be better for the Lions' long term future.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Having attended games at Empire Stadium in the rain, I wonder how many would actually attend the games in that weather. I suspect a vast majority.
Empire was a great stadium atmosphere. Lions and THE LIONS. The lingering odor of hot dogs, cigars and burgers.

Ah. Those were the days. Crazy George finding a new way to enter the stadium every game.

:thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Didn't Crazy George came in on a tandem parachute once ?
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

Yes the lingering smell of empire, those were the days. Football
should be played in all weather. We need an outdoor stadium but
it has to have a LEAST 40,000 seats or more.
pigskinpatriot
Starter

God bless the dome and all but I have been to games in Edmonton and Calgary and there is just something about being outside that is better.Fresh air,the movement of shadows,night falling.I can't begin to tell you how many people I know who have said that they would love to go to a game but can't bear the thought of going into the dome on a beautiful night. If the dome had no roof I guarantee you the Lions would be averaging 45 to 50 thousand in attendance this year.Guaranteed.I have only missed about 10 home games in the last 15 years and I have been rained on maybe 4 times on my way in (hard to beleive I know,but true) Cover the stands if you must but mark my words,build it and they will come. 40,000 seats will be pretty much sold out on a regular basis.
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .