3rd Jersey Question

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who's name should I put on my new jersey

Javy Glatt
15%
Paris Jackson
37%
Ryan Thelwell
22%
Otis Floyd
26%

Total votes: 27
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

As everybody knows, the Lions will be introducing a 3rd jersey on the 19th. Most of you probably have seen it, however, this poses a very intriguing question:

Who's play has been worthy of being enshrined on the back on my jersey, without being too repetitive (Dickenson, Simon, Printers), keeping in mind that I already own a LION82 and a BJ jersey.

I've narrowed it down to the following:
Javy Glatt
Paris Jackson
Ryan Thelwell
Otis Floyd
Charlene

I'm going to say Ryan Thelwell...but any of them would be worthy of having their name on your jersey
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Based on the years ahead of them ... Jackson and Glatt are solid and safe choices.

But I went with Floyd ... clearly an underrated player who is enjoying an outstanding season. The speed he showed on the TD saving tackle on the missed FG was impressive.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Ahh "Buck" the trend .... go with Pierce!!

Or you could even enshrine one of the unsung heroes on the Dline or the Oline. When was the last time you saw someone walking around with an Angus Reid jersey? Think of it - you could be an original.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
cromartie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Ahh "Buck" the trend .... go with Pierce!!

Or you could even enshrine one of the unsung heroes on the Dline or the Oline. When was the last time you saw someone walking around with an Angus Reid jersey? Think of it - you could be an original.
I have an old black Lions jersey, that, when I get enough free time which right now looks like some time in August, 2009, I fully intend to get made up in Jamie Taras' honor.

That said, I'd agree with charlene. Can't lose with any of them, I'm inclined to go with Thelwell.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Based on the years ahead of them ... Jackson and Glatt are solid and safe choices.

But I went with Floyd ... clearly an underrated player who is enjoying an outstanding season. The speed he showed on the TD saving tackle on the missed FG was impressive.
I would almost say the same thing, but add that he also saved us on another missed FG saving tackle in another BC Place game. His a Carl Kidds acceleration to the player with the ball are a treat to watch.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

My theory is I go with a great Lion of the past (I.E. Hebeler). Why? Cause whenever I don't that player seems to sign elsewhere or get traded...

But hey, that's just me... I say the Thelwell!
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

The number 51 looms large here!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
rareair
All Star

I would go with Fernandez...a throwback to BC's great legend of the past...
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

get LION82 or get a Duncan O'Mahony
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:get LION82 or get a Duncan O'Mahony
You should actually *read* the post you're responding to.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Ahh "Buck" the trend .... go with Pierce!!

Brent Johnson is the man. When I first got to Fanfest, first thing I did, put an order in for a white Brent Johnson jersey............It's slowly but surely being covered in Felion and player autographs.

PJ's catch on Friday night was definitely a thing of beauty, one of those plays that turns a man into a star, a la JC's catch on 2nd/18 in last year's WDF. It seems as though it'll either be PJ or Otis.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:
Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:get LION82 or get a Duncan O'Mahony
You should actually *read* the post you're responding to.
sorry :roll: 8) :lol:
2012 Season Ticket Holder