The Hi-energy In Stadium Announcer........

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dou you think the Lions should fire the cheesy announcer guy?

Yes
37%
No
46%
Hire J Paul Mconnell
17%

Total votes: 52
derekrazzellsballs

I happen to hate this guy. I wanted to go on stage at FanFest and tear off his headset....But, on the other hand he does a good job of making the crowd noisy on D. What do you guys think about him?
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

He's annoying most of the time, but I do feel without him we wouldn't get the noise we can on defense. Not enough people realize that's the point yet.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

orangeshoes99 wrote:He's annoying most of the time, but I do feel without him we wouldn't get the noise we can on defense. Not enough people realize that's the point yet.
:whs:

But at least he isn't of the Stampeders mold, even more annoying.
Entertainment value = an all time low
squishy35
Legend

After years of the monotone no-energy announcers that the Lions had all through the 90's, it is most welcome in my books.

Its good to hear the crowd roaring rather than yawning and sitting on their hands.

Bobby Ackles return is one of the biggest reasons why the Lions game atmospere has become exciting again. Something not seen since he was last here in the eighties.

Keep the announcer :beer:
Docbeer
Legend

J P would be a lousy stadium anncr...great play x play but lousy anncing...keep the guy - until he starts yapping "Make some NOYZZZZZEEEE!!!...
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm sure he's just doing what he's told but the announcing of the starting lineups and on-field activities can be done more professionally by someone in a booth. The rallying of the crowd can be done more effectively (and less cheesily) through a simple scoreboard announcement such as "Make some noise."
Sharpo

Speaking of hi energy in the stadium.. how about those wave's in the first quarter!? Who started that, Section 20 or 19? It went all the way around for like 5-10 times For a preseason game, that was :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

as Ty Pennington says "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEETS DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Speaking of hi energy in the stadium.. how about those wave's in the first quarter!? Who started that, Section 20 or 19? It went all the way around for like 5-10 times For a preseason game, that was
Yeah it was so cool when the did it on offense? NOT!!!!!

When will people learn. it's not just the newbies either, it gets to the high rent district, the old timers ans they join in!!!! Come on David whip them HR's into shape would ya? :wink:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

D gets my vote. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

orangeshoes99 wrote:When will people learn. it's not just the newbies either, it gets to the high rent district, the old timers ans they join in!!!! Come on David whip them HR's into shape would ya? :wink:
Well, as I've said before the seniors in my section are a little behind the bell curve, God love 'em. By the time they get around to standing up for the wave, it has come around one complete revolution. :sigh:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I vote to getting rid of the guy. Surely we don't need an announcer to tell the fans when to cheer.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Sharpo wrote:Speaking of hi energy in the stadium.. how about those wave's in the first quarter!? Who started that, Section 20 or 19? It went all the way around for like 5-10 times For a preseason game, that was :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
The wave sucks...period.

Those yahoos spend more time trying to get it started then watching the damn game.

If the wave never happens again in the dome I will not be one to cry.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Sharpo

The crowd will be taught.. but the wave in the preseason in the first quarter.. dang. :rockin: It'll be a good season.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:
Sharpo wrote:Speaking of hi energy in the stadium.. how about those wave's in the first quarter!? Who started that, Section 20 or 19? It went all the way around for like 5-10 times For a preseason game, that was :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
The wave sucks...period.
Especially when the play is under way. :x