Radio afternoon shows

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

So which is the better afternoon show for Lions or CFL related stuff?

Team 1040
67%
Mojo
31%
Other (please post it and web link)
3%

Total votes: 39
3rd Down

MrsLFITQ wrote:I'm new to the website - but don't get why you're pushing ticats official site :?

Why compare a fantastic fan based site done as a hobby to a team's official site done as part of their business.

In the week that I've been following this site I've seen plenty of discussion on CFL websites - the focus is always on the team sites (and how poor BC's is).

There seems to be some history here between you and Lionbackers - can't it just be left as history? :sigh:

Sorry, folks, I drifted off topic a bit. :oops:
Shannon, right .... whoa ... I promote all CFL websites ... but especially those that are playin that night ...

....plus I am as competive as peeps on here .... I have tried to drive traffic to ... http://www.ticats.ca It is my style

....and as soon as we play Calgary .... I will try to do the same thing for gostampsgo.com .... anything to compete (fairly) with the clown/cartoon site ... sorry Derek .. don't swear!
David
Team Captain

This is no personal knock on any of you, but I don't think you can come on here and complain about CFL coverage if you don't call in on the open line. It's like whining about politics and not voting.

If you don't think the Lions are getting enough coverage on the TEAM, then pick up the phone and call Pratt and Taylor on a subject. These guys throw up a 'hot topic balloon' every afternoon and move wherever that balloon takes them. If no one calls and talks Lions, what do you expect?? Fortunately they are both CFL and BC Lions fans, but they're not going to talk Lions just because they're nice guys and they're homers. They are just going to move onto the next topic of the day if the phone board isn't loading up when they bring up the Lions.

Kudos to Bob and to Ritch who keep the Lions talk alive (and nice call Kelli after the last home game!). I try my best whenever I have time but I get disappointed that so few Lionbackers come on the air to talk CFL ball.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
3rd Down

David ... good Rant ... but Vancouver Sports Radio is not gonna change via 'us' .

.. the best example is our our own home fan site ... right here ... where 'posting has collapsed' ... wanna guess why

We seemed to have attracted a fair number of neat/new younger posters that are ... good Lion's fans ... but ... bring anything up here that is controversial ... or whatever .. and it get's killed!

Good luck to .... watch the reaction to this ... the "homer site" or the "children/cartoon" site

All I usually get toward that is ....

Rich ... You don't do PM's so I'll make this public .... we have issues ... my issues with you are the lies and hate you have spread about me on the net for the last 6 months. I won't be forgiving those discretions anytime soon but I will say if you get banned again it won't be by me ... I wasn't the one who wanted you banned in the first place ... I was just the guy who pulled the trigger and bore the brunt of you drunken misinformed views.

If you get banned again from Lionbackers it won't be by me ... I have delegated some power around here so I guess what I'm saying is you can treat me like any other poster (that doesn't like you )

Go ticats.ca
Go riderfans.com
Go ourbombers.com

Good nite .... 13th!
Rammer
Team Captain

3rd Down wrote:David ... good Rant ... but Vancouver Sports Radio is not gonna change via 'us' .

.. the best example is our our own home fan site ... right here ... where 'posting has collapsed' ... wanna guess why

We seemed to have attracted a fair number of neat/new younger posters that are ... good Lion's fans ... but ... bring anything up here that is controversial ... or whatever .. and it get's killed!

Good luck to .... watch the reaction to this ... the "homer site" or the "children/cartoon" site

All I usually get toward that is ....

Rich ... You don't do PM's so I'll make this public .... we have issues ... my issues with you are the lies and hate you have spread about me on the net for the last 6 months. I won't be forgiving those discretions anytime soon but I will say if you get banned again it won't be by me ... I wasn't the one who wanted you banned in the first place ... I was just the guy who pulled the trigger and bore the brunt of you drunken misinformed views.

If you get banned again from Lionbackers it won't be by me ... I have delegated some power around here so I guess what I'm saying is you can treat me like any other poster (that doesn't like you )

Go ticats.ca
Go riderfans.com
Go ourbombers.com

Good nite .... 13th!
So radio wars has become Ritch's slant on his personal view of LB'ers. I don't recall anyone killing anything controversial, but when you take topics way off target with your own agenda, it will happen. Why is this so difficult to understand for you?
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

where 'posting has collapsed'
What planet are you from?

Posting has been going pretty good considering the Lions haven't even played a regular season game.

We've also had a few new posters on here that have contributed nicely to the site and the discussions. And a few "older" posters that haven't contributed anything but rhetoric.

David, you are dead right about the lack of calls and I am just as guilty as any one else. My problem is I tend to tune in to get NEWS and FACTS and interviews of plers and coaches. In the few times I have had a chance to listen online most of the phone in requests were something I wasn't really interested in or "flogging a dead horse".

So I guess now the question must be are they Sports NEWS stations or Sports Public Opinion stations??
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Honour Dewalt
Champion

MrsLFITQ wrote:I'm new to the website - but don't get why you're pushing ticats official site :?

Why compare a fantastic fan based site done as a hobby to a team's official site done as part of their business.

In the week that I've been following this site I've seen plenty of discussion on CFL websites - the focus is always on the team sites (and how poor BC's is).

There seems to be some history here between you and Lionbackers - can't it just be left as history? :sigh:

Sorry, folks, I drifted off topic a bit. :oops:
I think the talk of BC's website is not this site, but http://www.bclions.com which is still showing old pics on the main page with the old uniforms and even the silver helmet on the "next game" icon. That site is so poorly kept its a joke, but a really bad joke.

Sorry, off topic again.
3rd Down

LFITQ wrote:
where 'posting has collapsed'
What planet are you from?

Posting has been going pretty good considering the Lions haven't even played a regular season game.

We've also had a few new posters on here that have contributed nicely to the site and the discussions. And a few "older" posters that haven't contributed anything but rhetoric.

David, you are dead right about the lack of calls and I am just as guilty as any one else. My problem is I tend to tune in to get NEWS and FACTS and interviews of plers and coaches. In the few times I have had a chance to listen online most of the phone in requests were something I wasn't really interested in or "flogging a dead horse".

So I guess now the question must be are they Sports NEWS stations or Sports Public Opinion stations??
Kenny ... posting here has totally collapsed ... in terms of posts and new posters .... not true?
maddeep73
Champion

Pratt and Taylor are great when its game day or the day before but otherwise wanna talk news of the day or NHL C.B.A.

It's B-Mac and Ball in the morning who love to talk Lions cause Ball has the insight from his broadcasts. Those are the 2 to tune in for if you wanna here in depth chat about the Leos.
Keepin' it real
Sharpo

in terms of posts and new posters .... not true?
Also of coincidence, the number of lionbackers.com ads on the jumbotron has decreased.. (Why didn't the fan club want the ads on this season?)

yes/no? I know that D can only do so much web marketing and search engine "optimization" to promote the site..

Also, this is NOT the canucks.com forums.. I think many people who visit the forums don't post here is because this is more of an 'educated' and 'mature' crowd..unlike their hockey forums. Does anyone on this forum want to read about how Printers "Sucks and *poop* lol" I think the true goal is to try and have topics to get other users points of view.. not just the 'regulars' Its a challenge, I know...

and to be honest, I have made quite a few drunken, misunderstood rants and postings in my past and I am indeed sorry for it.

edit: *poop*?? Nice. :lol:
Last edited by Sharpo on Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LFITQ
Team Captain

It's B-Mac and Ball in the morning who love to talk Lions cause Ball has the insight from his broadcasts. Those are the 2 to tune in for if you wanna here in depth chat about the Leos.
Nuts :bang: :bang: They are usually on when I can't listen to them ...

But it looks like the clear cut winner in this poll is Rammer and OS99's suggestion - flip back and forth between the two ... A little more difficult online as you have to log out and then log back in and wait for buffering ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
D
Team Captain

Kenny ... posting here has totally collapsed ... in terms of posts and new posters .... not true?
here are some numbers ... but really Rich if you don't like this place why are you here?
Month Statistics
Date New Users New Topics New Replies
06/2005 68 196 2912
05/2005 42 197 2530
04/2005 36 150 2146
03/2005 100 98 1520
02/2005 98 47 503
01/2005 28 18 180
12/2004 17 10 73
11/2004 164 9 192
10/2004 72 3 122
09/2004 49 - 16
08/2004 52 - 19
07/2004 38 5 72
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I guess it IS this site he was talkin' about. I wasn't up on all that complaining stuff. I can agree with any criticism of bclions.com, but not this site. This is the best place for up to date news on the Lions.

Surprisingly, i heard Dan Russel talkin CFL tonite, but it was cuz he had Jim Taylor as a guest. As soon as he was done with him, talk quickly shifted to the Hockey fight thing in Prince George, and then of course hockey.
Soon, with the popularity of the team and league, they won't be able to avoid it cuz it will be what people want to discuss.
David
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:David, you are dead right about the lack of calls and I am just as guilty as any one else. My problem is I tend to tune in to get NEWS and FACTS and interviews of plers and coaches. In the few times I have had a chance to listen online most of the phone in requests were something I wasn't really interested in or "flogging a dead horse".

Ken, I certainly wouldn't expect you to call given your distance from the Lower Mainland and I wasn't trying to single anyone out. It's just an observation.

Considering the Lions have over 18k season ticket holders, an exciting team, a great group of guys with whom people can identify, and a hardcore, loyal (albeit comparitively small vs Canucks) fan base....we sure don't get a lot of callers into the SportsTalk stations initiating Lions talk. :?

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

David wrote: ...we sure don't get a lot of callers into the SportsTalk stations initiating Lions talk. :?

DH 8)
Well on the plus side David, we sure seem to recognise each other when we do call in! :lol:
D
Team Captain

This is the best place for up to date news on the Lions.
that's because WE as a group can be on top of everything :roar:

Rich has issues from the past that he just can't let go of ... critisism of this site is fine but when it's in every post and continually insulting people it's a problem.

It's my understanding that one of the other mods has banned 3rd down

I was actually going to call Dan Russell and Sportstalk the other night but they broke to commercial and came back with the long drawn out NBA deal presser
I own The Grey Cup! .com