Radio afternoon shows

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

So which is the better afternoon show for Lions or CFL related stuff?

Team 1040
67%
Mojo
31%
Other (please post it and web link)
3%

Total votes: 39
LFITQ
Team Captain

With all of the talk about Lions and the media lets put this to a poll ...

So which is the better afternoon show for Lions or CFL related stuff?

Mojo with Moj, Tom Larscheid and JP McConnell

or

Team1040 with Pratt and Taylor
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
LFITQ
Team Captain

Based on today's listening (the first time I've listened to both) I gotta go with Mojo ...

Pratt and Ferraro were talking team Mascots for every sport (with a heavy foundation on hockey)

Moj was asking people's opinion on who will win the Grey Cup ...
Rammer
Team Captain

Ferraro is not Taylor for one thing, and has hockey references to back himself up, wait until Taylor gets out of the Okanagon.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Ferraro is not Taylor for one thing, and has hockey references to back himself up, wait until Taylor gets out of the Okanagon.
Yeah but I haven't had much luck with Taylor either - day of the pre-season game and all he can talk about is Phil Mickelson and golf .... :bang: :bang:
Rammer
Team Captain

Okay what I do is listen to the TEAM, and flip over when it gets boring hoping for a CFL topic, otherwise I venture back.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Slightly off topic, I watched the Noon Hour News Sports today. Not one mention about the Lions or the CFL. Squire Barnes was talking about Wimbledon, last night's NBA game. What's up with that ? :bang:
Rammer
Team Captain

Squire does not relate to the Lions, he doesn't seem to like animals either...
3rd Down

Excellent poll, Kenny ..

...right now I am gettin ready to listen to http://www.900chml.com the 'Cat radio

Mojo is eventually gonna blow away the Team ....

Ackles/Braley/The Lions and Lions fans will be the real winners

Corus is just to 'big' to lose to Chum ...

...but Lions fans atleast benefit from the competition

ps.... If you listen to 'Cat radio today ... you will discover the "best" colour guy in the league ... John Salavantis .... (altho Giulio is a close 2nd) .... and the worst play-by-play guy ....

....even 'Cat fans cannot stand ... Tim McCalef (sp?) ... he is better than last year ... but still, pretty bad!
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I've been torn between the two. I hate Brook Ward and don't really like Pratt. Brook can't stop whining about Burke and Pratt is so childish about that too. But I want to listen to that station because they support the Lions so well. I didn't know the afternoon show had JP and Larscheid tho. I might have to check them out.
mustang
Rookie

TheLionKing wrote:Slightly off topic, I watched the Noon Hour News Sports today. Not one mention about the Lions or the CFL. Squire Barnes was talking about Wimbledon, last night's NBA game. What's up with that ? :bang:

it was a good game though wasnt it?????????????
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Both of them have their moments. As Rammers says if you flip back and forth you can get in on a lot of CFL talk.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
3rd Down

Kewl that we can always discuss "Radio staions" but not CFL websites ... meh ...

There are 150 now at http://www.ticats.ca

...and prolly only 1 Lion fan .... sorry "D"
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

but not CFL websites
Says who?
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
MrsLFITQ

I'm new to the website - but don't get why you're pushing ticats official site :?

Why compare a fantastic fan based site done as a hobby to a team's official site done as part of their business.

In the week that I've been following this site I've seen plenty of discussion on CFL websites - the focus is always on the team sites (and how poor BC's is).

There seems to be some history here between you and Lionbackers - can't it just be left as history? :sigh:

Sorry, folks, I drifted off topic a bit. :oops:
3rd Down

orangeshoes99 wrote:
but not CFL websites
Says who?
Kewl ... Bri ... you wanna discuss websites?