Radio afternoon shows

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

So which is the better afternoon show for Lions or CFL related stuff?

Team 1040
67%
Mojo
31%
Other (please post it and web link)
3%

Total votes: 39
bc49
Hall of Famer

Considering the spot ads MOJO uses for football is play x play audio of Seahawks games you tend to think their football coverage doesn't prefer to be local.
TEAM 1040 all the way. :thup:
Docbeer
Legend

I think the decision to use Seahawks stuff for football events is due to the fact they have the 'hawks rights...their competition has the rights to the Lions...doesn't sound good when you have a voice over promoting your station then cut to the competitions morning anncr doing p x p....I prefer Mojo in the afternoon but do switch back and forth when sports isn't really a topic
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

cknw. when they did radio for the leos! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
stansz
Champion

mojo.....i like the moj and tommy better
pumped!!!
derekrazzellsballs

What I wonder is why nobody ever plugs this site on the air? There are probably alot of casual Lions fans that log on to BClions.com and get totally turned off by the lack of anything useful on that site. Im sure there are many opinionated callers who just have never stumbled apon this site, therefore do not know of it.I don't think the hosts would have a problem with a shameless plug...hell there could even be a link on 1040's website...it would be good for them, this site and the Lions. 8)

ps. I have to say I prefer the team but wish JP would come over because he knows the Lions better than anyone, he also calls the games a better, HE IS A LEGEND!. I can't stand Mcgooch any longer with his key west this, and Lower Mainland Steel that.....On the other hand B-Mac and Ball are always laughing way to hard at stupid jokes and they are always weezing and hissing. On that topic, I swear Neil Mcrae must be a feakin chain smoker because it sounds like he is about to cough on every single update/rant and he does cough on every second one! Blake Price is just boring, enough said there. I happen to like Brooke Ward because he lets the callers steer the show in whatever direction they want. Even though he always cuts me off after my first point I still call and talk Lions on a regular bases. he also has a strong opinion on things wich is the exact thing his compitition,Blake Price, is lacking.
Docbeer
Legend

key west this, and Lower Mainland Steel that
Unfortunately, sponsorship is what drives the business...the live spots/sponsor notes pay the bills and can be brought into the chatter almost seamlessly if the anncr has prepped and works on creative segueways
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

What I wonder is why nobody ever plugs this site on the air? There are probably alot of casual Lions fans that log on to BClions.com and get totally turned off by the lack of anything useful on that site. Im sure there are many opinionated callers who just have never stumbled apon this site, therefore do not know of it.
True. I've been a Lion fan for over 40 years but hadn't heard of this site until Lowell Ullrich mentioned it in The Province on the day of the WDF last year.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

bc49 wrote:Considering the spot ads MOJO uses for football is play x play audio of Seahawks games you tend to think their football coverage doesn't prefer to be local.
Tommy, MOJO is doing promos for Canada West football already.

It doesn't get more local than that. :yes:
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Jim Mullin wrote:
bc49 wrote:Considering the spot ads MOJO uses for football is play x play audio of Seahawks games you tend to think their football coverage doesn't prefer to be local.
Tommy, MOJO is doing promos for Canada West football already.

It doesn't get more local than that. :yes:
Gee Jim, did you happen to see how the Ti Cats and McMasters are teaming up for a CIS/CFL double header and giving ticat season ticket holders info on how to buy season tix.

What a great idea....wonder why the Lions and SFU/UBC havent teamed up for something like that or the Shrum Bowl in the dome.... :bang:

http://ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB ... pic&t=7227
For the 2005 season Ticat Season Ticket Holders can purchase a season pass to all McMaster football games at Ivor Wynne Stadium at the special MAC PAC price.

Adult Ticat Season Ticket Holder: $27
Youth Ticat Season Ticket Holder: $15

The MAC PAC consist of 3 McMaster Football games at Ivor Wynne Stadium. All season ticket holders will be receiving a complimentary ticket to the McMaster football game on September 17th as part of the Marauders/Tiger-Cats double header day.

McMaster Schedule

September 10 vs. Ottawa
September 17 vs. Western
October 1 vs. Queens
October 15 vs. Waterloo

All McMaster games other than the September 17th double header will be general admission seating.

To purchase your McMaster season tickets contact your account executive:

Ryan Lohnes
905-547-2287 ext. 239
rlohnes@ticats.ca

Gerry Fonzo
905-547-2287 ext. 229
gfonzo@ticats.ca

905-547-2287 ext. 239
rlohnes@ticats.ca
I have my head up my butt - 120db
D
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
What I wonder is why nobody ever plugs this site on the air? There are probably alot of casual Lions fans that log on to BClions.com and get totally turned off by the lack of anything useful on that site. Im sure there are many opinionated callers who just have never stumbled apon this site, therefore do not know of it.
True. I've been a Lion fan for over 40 years but hadn't heard of this site until Lowell Ullrich mentioned it in The Province on the day of the WDF last year.
Well if anybody calls in it's cool with me if you mention the site :rockin:
For now the site relys on the search engines (top 5 if you google bc lions)
the banners that I sometimes hang at the games and links from other CFL sites ... *cough no link from bclions.com *cough :sigh:
I own The Grey Cup! .com