What should the Lions do with Casey Printers?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

What should the Lions do with Casey Printers?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:08 am

Sign him
88%
Trade him
6%
Sit him
6%

Total votes: 48
roger_aldag
Rookie

Seems to be a lot of differing opinions on this one. And why are all the best QB's in the West?
ballout

roger_aldag wrote:Seems to be a lot of differing opinions on this one. And why are all the best QB's in the West?

it would be crazy not to sign this guy....
Rammer
Team Captain

Signing him gives us depth at the QB position and a tradable commodity after the season for something great in return to only strengthen us for 06.
Entertainment value = an all time low
jerepeters
Rookie

Hi I am not used to posting topic's to well,But I feel if Coach Buono doe's not extend Casey Printers Contract :x and they go to the Grey Cup and same result's as last year :bawl: :bang: Coach Buono should have his head examined and be let go, I am a hugh Lions fan been a fan since 1972 :rockin: and as a result of last years team :s: turned me into a Lions fan once again, Casey Printers has a chance of being one of the great QB"s in the C.F.L and still do not understand why coach Buono sat printers out of the Grey Cup last year :bang: bone head mistake,Coach do not let it happen again Dickenson is finished one more blow to his knee
12+82=7
prospect

i've been reading alot about how casey printers is the "next coming". i'm still not sure why everybody thinks this.
yes he had a great season last yr, yes he was mvp. but the fact of the matter is that he was basically an unknown last yr, defences weren't expecting the type of season he had as he was a thrid stringer the yr before. there wasn't alot of film for defence's to study on the guy. i believe this yr is going to be a completly different situation and if he rises abv again i will be the first to acknowledge this but i think for this yr he should have instructed his agent to keep quiet go out and work my tail off to prove i wasn't a fluke and proceed from there.
obviouslly wally has acknowledged that he has a good upside by the contract they offered him. but to read some of the things people are saying about howm this city will burn if we don't resign him seems a little nuts if you ask me.
i think i will put my trust in wally and bobby and let the chips fall where they may. if i had no problem renewing my seasons tickets after a 3-15 season i will have no problem renewing weather cp is in orange or not.
and as for the mvp, ask khari what he thinks about it!
Rick James
Legend

jerepeters wrote:Dickenson is finished one more blow to his knee
You could insert any name into that sentence. Casey could take another serious injury to that toe and be done too.

Both QB's are awesome. The best will play and the team will be in good hands either way.
Knightsoftheroundtable

I just wanted to add my two cents....(lol) Casey Printers :s: is to football as ELVIS was to ROCK'N'ROLL or RAY CHARLES was to music, and Gretzky was to HOCKEY!!!!...I havent' been into football very long but I can say Printers changed that....this guy has that **THING**!!!

And Geroy Simon >>>> LOOK IT'S A BIRD, IT'S PLANE, HE'S FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET....HE'S GEROY SIMON!!!!! :rockin: He's the man!!!!

Not being into football very long, it's my guess that buono finished last season with dickenson...and he's gonna start with him too!!! It was all about sinority and it still is...it was not about skill, by far!!!
You could insert any name into that sentence. Casey could take another serious injury to that toe and be done too.

Both QB's are awesome. The best will play and the team will be in good hands either way.
Yes!! true!! But how many surgeries has dickenson had??? and in what little time???...more than Printers by far...the older you get the long the body takes to heal.

Grey Cup here comes the BC Lions!!!!...It's ours, smell it, taste, grab it!!!!
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

They'd be VERY foolish to get rid of Printers or to not start him.

CFL MVP is no joke.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

ThreeTimesOneMinusOne wrote:They'd be VERY foolish to get rid of Printers or to not start him.

CFL MVP is no joke.

:whs:

The only reason I can see Printers sitting is because his toe is more of a problem than he is letting on.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Knightsoftheroundtable wrote:

Yes!! true!! But how many surgeries has dickenson had??? and in what little time???...more than Printers by far...the older you get the long the body takes to heal.
Well if my memory serves me correctly DD had 2 surgeries in two years and CP has had 1 surgery in 1 year of regular play. I'd say that about sums them both up to a 1:1 ratio of regular play versus surgeries. So they are both pretty much even there.

Also alot of old timers on this board can remember when Roy Dewalt got turf toe - he never was the same QB since (still good but not as great as he was)... will CP fall to the same unmerciful injury gods?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
D
Team Captain

roger_aldag wrote:Seems to be a lot of differing opinions on this one. And why are all the best QB's in the West?
Just cuz there is no QB controversy in Riderland doesn't mean who have to stir it up here :lol:

They have to do thier best to sign Casey he is the future and the future starts when he is signed and healthy

PS Roger Aldag was a helluva a player! :yes:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
hutch
Champion

Keep both QB's for as long as they can!!? When BC had only Damon, the fans kept saying that we need another QB and now that we have them, people are constantly flapping their lips at Buono and Braley...polls are popping up at every cfl fan site "what do you with printers/dickenson??"

Some people just can't be happy can they? I have to laugh as I've seen one lions fan call our owner a bozo and be very harsh on our gm on EVERY cfl site you can think of!! :? :?
I say be happy with our team this year and quit the crying! It'll be a GOOD year for BC!! :thup: :thup:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Isn't it interesting how 'Rider fans come here specifically to stir some feces around? I don't recall any of us going to riderfans to ask how many downs Nealon will take before Crandell is forced to play the rest of the season.

Maybe it's genetic.
bbang
Starter

Personally, I don't care who starts, I just care about wins, playoffs and winning the cup. However, as much as I like D.D. , I believe the future rests with C.P. I believe the Lions will re-sign Casey mid-way thru the season and D.D. will be moved after the Grey Cup victory. Can you imagine a D.D. versus C.P. matchup next year - that would be the game of the year too be at.
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lot's of different opinions from people who aren't Lion fans, that is.

Dave is the present. Casey is the future. Keep them both for 2005, and 2006 if you can't get decent value for Dave, or can't get a contract worked out for Casey.

Just because you can't find one decent quarterback (and keep him if you could) doesn't mean you should try and stir sh*t up among the fans of teams who can.