Heasman Released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Did Heasman Hurt Wally's Chances of Trading Him?

Yes
70%
No
5%
Indifferent
25%

Total votes: 20
Rammer
Team Captain

Does this whole matter of his outcry of wanting to stay in Calgary sit well with you, or do you think he hurt Wally's chances of a trade by doing so?

[img]http://images_full8.imikimi.com/image/images_full/47969378r47969379.gif[/img]

[img]http://images_full0.imikimi.com/image/images_full/47971970r47971971.gif[/img]
Entertainment value = an all time low
derekrazzellsballs

Whatever the case is we will not miss this guy. Wally knows his stuff.
Rammer
Team Captain

Well Heasman made it clear that he wanted to remain in his off season location of Calgary which seems to have hurt Wally's hand in the trade, although he hasn't just picked up a Calgary spot. Perhaps Calgary isn't interested in him, although even at a depth spot, I cannot fathom why not, as he played pretty well for us in his fill in spot.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rammer wrote:Well Heasman made it clear that he wanted to remain in his off season location of Calgary which seems to have hurt Wally's hand in the trade, although he hasn't just picked up a Calgary spot. Perhaps Calgary isn't interested in him, although even at a depth spot, I cannot fathom why not, as he played pretty well for us in his fill in spot.
I don't think it really mattered. Heasman would not garner a lot of value anyways. At best a late round draft pick perhaps or future considerations for a career backup. Calgary already has 11 offensive lineman coming to camp. New Stamp OC Steve Burrato has seen Heasman in action so obviously if he felt it was worth dealing for him it would've been done before they brought in other talent.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.