Goodbye Shawn Lemon - Lemon Moving On

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

I am sad to see him go for he played very well for us. I just Hervey has a better plan than last year on who will replace him:

DE @SLemonator is expected to go to free agency. Three teams showed strong interest during the tampering period. #BCLions have yet to make an offer. #CFLFA @CFLonTSN
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Shouldn't have let him go last time.

Shouldn't let him go this time either.
The_Pauser
Legend

Are we going to pay assets to re-acquire him in August again?

Could be letting him go due to cap reasons. Especially if we're bringing in Derel Walker and Micah Johnson, though ideally we would bring both in while keeping Lemon. Bringing back Solly would be nice too.
Roar you Lions roar!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

There was a lot of focus on the o line last season, and for good reason, however to me the most glaring deficiency we had was the d line. Often zero pressure and couldn't run tackle. I hope Hervey has a plan because zero pressure means an exposed secondary again.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The_Pauser wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 am
Are we going to pay assets to re-acquire him in August again?

Could be letting him go due to cap reasons. Especially if we're bringing in Derel Walker and Micah Johnson, though ideally we would bring both in while keeping Lemon. Bringing back Solly would be nice too.
Money and SMS is always a factor. Hervey seems to be getting skewered for not keeping Lemon last year. Nobody other than Ed and Lemon know what it was going to cost to keep him. And Hervey also knows what it would have cost in terms of dumping assets elsewhere to be able to fit whatever he was asking for under the SMS. In the end it cost us Coleman who while not seeming as effective in Stubler's defence was nonetheless one of the first guys Hervey had extended last offseason. My gut feel is the main reason Coleman went to Toronto was because Hervey had to get rid of a sizeable salary to be able to add Lemon's salary.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
cms22
Starter

does anyone have confidence in hervey to realign things this off-season?

last season we had huge overhaul and that was hervey's SECOND season, not his first.

the overhaul last year was outrageous...... staibilized when we reversed some of the big changes and rejigged the oline. we went with 11 canadians, and i believe we were back at 7 not that much later.

by the end of the season, the DLine was definitely the biggest issue.... linebackers need some upgrade, but not that important nor should it be that hard or expensive.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

cms22 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:52 am
does anyone have confidence in hervey to realign things this off-season?

last season we had huge overhaul and that was hervey's SECOND season, not his first.

the overhaul last year was outrageous...... staibilized when we reversed some of the big changes and rejigged the oline. we went with 11 canadians, and i believe we were back at 7 not that much later.

by the end of the season, the DLine was definitely the biggest issue.... linebackers need some upgrade, but not that important nor should it be that hard or expensive.
To answer your question, No!!

The latest rumours have the Lions interested in Derel Walker and James Franklin. Why? We need to spend money on defence not spend $200,000 plus on Walker and sign Franklin who was a bust in Toronto. Hervey again seems obsessed with Ex Eskimos. Ed Hervey should have been fired with Claybrooks. Around the league, among fans, he is compared to Kavis Reed. He has no clue how to manage the salary cap and for 3rd year in a row we will have to completely rebuild the defence with little money to spend, if we waste it on Walker. I predict the Lions will not be much better than last year and will miss the playoffs again and then, only then, Ed Hervey will be shown the door. I have no faith in him and tomorrow we will see more mistakes being made by him. He and Ottawa's GM may be the 2 worst in the league.