Questions for Ambrosie?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Kudos to both Ambrosie and LeLacheur for their quick responses. Past regime never acknowledge, let alone respond fan's mail. I'm still waiting a response from Adam Rita. :wink:

B.C.FAN
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:49 am

Ambrosie met with Winnipeg fans on Monday in the seventh stop on his 10-city tour (including Halifax). He said season ticket holders he has met in the Prairie cities are 95% in favour of moving up the schedule. I'm not convinced of his math but he seems to be determined, no matter what he says about studying all sides of the issue.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ fans vote yes to moving up start date of CFL schedule
"I think [Fred Fateri] was like a lot of people who watch football, hockey or any professional sport on television. They sit there and think they could coach better than the professional. Some people really think that." - Bob Ackles, The Water Boy

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG and on the road for work the next 2 years; Adams Lake, Castlegar and points beyond

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 am

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:49 am
Ambrosie met with Winnipeg fans on Monday in the seventh stop on his 10-city tour (including Halifax). He said season ticket holders he has met in the Prairie cities are 95% in favour of moving up the schedule. I'm not convinced of his math but he seems to be determined, no matter what he says about studying all sides of the issue.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ fans vote yes to moving up start date of CFL schedule
Ah those prairie folks. Seems to me it wasn't that long ago they used to wear colder weather games like a badge of honour and felt they gave them a big home field advantage. Give them a couple shiny new stadiums with a few creature comforts they never used to enjoy and they turn soft. Funny thing about it is while the idea gets them away from colder weather games they are trading it off for more likelihood of rain. I looked at official Canada climate stats for all 9 CFL cities the other day. While summer months are the driest months on the west coast they are also the wettest months on the prairies. June is the wettest month of the year in Calgary, Regina and Winnipeg followed by July. In Edmonton it's reversed with July being the wettest followed by June. In all 4 cities May and August are the next wettest months of the year. They might be able to ditch their parkas but better keep an umbrella handy.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.

B.C.FAN
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:18 am

Hambone wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 am
Ah those prairie folks. Seems to me it wasn't that long ago they used to wear colder weather games like a badge of honour and felt they gave them a big home field advantage. Give them a couple shiny new stadiums with a few creature comforts they never used to enjoy and they turn soft. Funny thing about it is while the idea gets them away from colder weather games they are trading it off for more likelihood of rain. I looked at official Canada climate stats for all 9 CFL cities the other day. While summer months are the driest months on the west coast they are also the wettest months on the prairies. June is the wettest month of the year in Calgary, Regina and Winnipeg followed by July. In Edmonton it's reversed with July being the wettest followed by June. In all 4 cities May and August are the next wettest months of the year. They might be able to ditch their parkas but better keep an umbrella handy.
I've yet to attend a game in the new stadiums in Winnipeg and Saskatchewan but it seems that they are designed to better protect fans from the biting Prairie winds, and provide more cover in the event of rain or snow.

There is a lot that can be done with the current schedule to give Prairie fans more home games in summer and road games and byes in the fall if that's what they want. I'm sure the Lions are happy to host more late-season games and take a couple of byes in the first half of the season. The Argos probably would too. No one seems to want to sit on the sunny side of BMO Field on a hot summer day.
"I think [Fred Fateri] was like a lot of people who watch football, hockey or any professional sport on television. They sit there and think they could coach better than the professional. Some people really think that." - Bob Ackles, The Water Boy

B.C.FAN
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:41 pm

The writing on the wall is becoming clearer with every town hall meeting Randy Ambrosie holds. On Tuesday, he was in Edmonton for the eighth of 10 stops on his cross-country tour.
When he polled those gathered here Tuesday evening about the idea moving the Grey Cup and the season up by three weeks, the room erupted with cheers, not just hands in the air, in response to the idea.

When he asked for those who would prefer keeping it the way it is, there were maybe a dozen hands in the air.

Ambrosie scored it at 95 per cent.

“The fans have been in favor at every stop so far but not by the same percentages. It was 60-40 in Montreal and 55-45 in B.C. and maybe a little higher than that in Toronto,” said Ambrosie, who will visit Hamilton next and then proceed to Halifax where he thinks it’s vitally important to make Atlantic Canada part of the conversation.

“Calgary was 95 per cent and I was a little worried that the fans against it might be chased out of the room. And Monday night in Winnipeg there was only one fan and I went and stood beside him. I thought he needed a friend.
JONES: CFL commissioner makes a stop in Edmonton

David
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm

I hope to Christ they're using a little more science and meta-analysis to reach a decision on this thing than a show of hands among season ticket holders at Town Hall meetings. :roll:

DH :cool:
Please sell the team, Mr. Braley.

• Information