Glenn signs in Edmonton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/15/eskim ... vin-glenn/

He has had contracts now with all the CFL teams. He should be a solid backup for Edmonton.
CardiacKid
Legend

squishy35 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:09 am
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/15/eskim ... vin-glenn/

He has had contracts now with all the CFL teams. He should be a solid backup for Edmonton.
Now he just needs to build a time machine and sign with the Hamilton Tigers :wink:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It's a good move for the Esks and puts Glenn back in a similar situation he was in Calgary where when he did play due to injury he did a pretty good job and one that few b/ups ever can do.

Now if the Atlantic team comes soon he'd be a likely candidate at his age to go unprotected at QB as they never want to give up a young QB and he'd be off to the 10th team lol
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
David
Team Captain

This doesn't do much to enhance the image of our league. Detractors will have a field day with this, but I can't worry about it. If not this, then they will find something else about the league to belittle.

Thought he might get signed as Hamilton's back-up who would then trade Manziel's rights to Montreal. Will make a pretty solid 1-2 combo with Reilly in Edmonton.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The cycle is now complete.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I think under the circumstance, EE would have signed Glenn no matter what. They have no better backup
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

KnowItAll wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:23 pm
I think under the circumstance, EE would have signed Glenn no matter what. They have no better backup
I think it's much like the circumstances that led BC to trade for Glenn. If they weren't hosting the Grey Cup they wouldn't sign him. At this point in time Glenn is really the only option available to a GC hosting team that has zero veteran QB insurance should their starter go down.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
ZLions
Rookie

Kevin Glenn is a decent regular season QB, but time and time again he shows us why he does not have a ring in this league, despite being a starter here for like 17 seasons. Constantly underperforms in the playoffs, you guys witnessed it when he was in BC back in 2014 and during this year's Eastern Final. Good thing Edmonton has him as a just a back-up, he might finally win it all this year.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

This fan likes it.

This is a testament to his longevity in the CFL, his character, his knowledge of the game and his skills. He has been a quick study, picking up various offensive systems.

:thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/01/15/esks-stri ... vin-glenn/
CFL.ca Staff

Esks strike a deal with Kevin Glenn

EDMONTON — The Edmonton Eskimos have signed quarterback and 17-year veteran Kevin Glenn, the team announced Monday.

Glenn, 38, joins the Eskimos two weeks after being released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

The deal makes Glenn the first player in CFL history to have been on all nine rosters at some point throughout his career. While the Detroit native never suited up for the Argos or REDBLACKS, he was on both of their rosters temporarily.

More than that, though, Glenn provides the Eskimos a solid backup option for Mike Reilly. That spot was previously held by James Franklin, who was traded to the Argos this off-season.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 am
This fan likes it.

This is a testament to his longevity in the CFL, his character, his knowledge of the game and his skills. He has been a quick study, picking up various offensive systems.

Kevin Glenn, arguably the greatest CFL journeyman QB of all time.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:54 pm
WestCoastJoe wrote:
This fan likes it.

Nine teams, no Grey Cups. What are the odds of that? He's definitely a CFL journeyman, a quick study and a career survivor but I wouldn't use the word 'greatest' in a sentence with the word QB to describe him.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 pm
DanoT wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:54 pm
WestCoastJoe wrote:
This fan likes it.

Nine teams, no Grey Cups. What are the odds of that? He's definitely a CFL journeyman, a quick study and a career survivor but I wouldn't use the word 'greatest' in a sentence with the word QB to describe him.
No respect for Kevin Glenn. :shock: LOL Pretty much the way many fans feel, I expect.

With the Eskimos, a very solid team, his chances of getting to the Grey Cup are pretty good. If he won the Cup, that would pretty much seal his CFL career. And he just might "sneak" into the CFL Hall of Fame before the anti-Glenn forces could mount a successful protest. LOL

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

"Greatest Journeyman" is actually a backhanded compliment and imo a long career should not necessarily lead to the HOF, especially if at no time in Glenn's career was he the best QB in the CFL.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 am
"Greatest Journeyman" is actually a backhanded compliment and imo a long career should not necessarily lead to the HOF, especially if at no time in Glenn's career was he the best QB in the CFL.
I mentioned the Hall of Fame. I think he would get some votes as is. I think his numbers are pretty good, aside from not winning the Grey Cup. I think his playoff performances lack.

52,867 yards

294/207 TDs/Ints

63.22 %

I think he merits consideration for the Hall. It will be interesting to see how various football people think re his chances. As I said, he might have to "sneak" in the side door.

If I had a vote, I would definitely want to hear other opinions, before I cast my ballot. I know there would be many, many naysayers.