Locker Room Sale - 2017

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Anybody head over to this year’s locker room sale? I have been checking the team’s social media feeds but the posts have been pretty sparse.

I expect it was pretty much the same old, same old. The only player that I saw mentioned as attending was Craig Roh and that was from his twitter feed.

I was pretty much wondering if we missed an absolute gem or if we were wise to give it a miss. We needed a break from travelling on the ferry.
David
Team Captain

I attended this year's event and thought it was very well organized (would be nice one of these years to let the early birds wait inside Gate C instead of standing outside. It's under cover but a little chilly).

Anyway, kudos to the Lions for a job well done. Lots of merchandise from which to choose. They had 2017 game worns (I picked up a Junior Luke for $250), but the hot sellers looked to be game worns from past years going for $50. A lot of the Adidas apparel was 30% off.

For a damaged brand, I believe it was very well attended. When I left at about 10:45am I'd say about 150 people had either been through or were waiting to get in as part of the next wave. They had a Christmas themed photo op, a pancake breakfast (choice of pancakes or breakfast wraps + coffee = FREE) and Wally and Ed were also there. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
The_Pauser
Legend

For me it was very disappointing compared to previous years. The $50 Rebok game used jerseys were nice, but mostly players who didn't sell in previous years. Guys who were never stars, and some who may have only been in the lineup for pre-season. About what you would expect for that price point though so not a huge complaint. My complaint is that the sale for merchandise was only 30%. It was a flat 30% off everything, whereas in past years they would have clearance items for $5 or $10. Some items would be 50% off, others 30%. For season ticket holders who receive 15% off at the games, an extra 15% on top of that felt quite underwhelming.

Game used helmets were $300 (down from $350 last year), and jerseys were $250 which is a good deal compared to previous years.

Didn't spend too much time at it as I was disappointed by it. The food was OK. Pancakes weren't very hot, and the breakfast burrito was just OK. Nice that it's free at least.

I liked the added touch of a Santa Clause picture set, good for the kids.

Also liked that Wally and Ed Hervey where there to talk to the fans. I saw them both on my way out.
Roar you Lions roar!
David
Team Captain

$50 bucks for a pro game used jersey? Steal. Regardless of who wore it (and you're not going to find an Adam Bighill for that price, so it came as no surprise that these were lesser knowns).

The biggest rip-off I could find was last year's media guide (2017) going for $20.00. Seriously? I mean, $5.00, sure. Would have bought it. Max $10.00.

I did find some nice Adidas items for Christmas gifts at 30% off. I wasn't complaining.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

Any players in attendance besides Craig Roh?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

The $50 Rebok game used jerseys were nice, but mostly players who didn't sell in previous years. Guys who were never stars, and some who may have only been in the lineup for pre-season.

This drives me crazy. Auction this stuff off if it doesn't sell. This isn't rocket science. You purport to be a franchise that represents an entire province, yet do nothing to make events like this accessible to fans who can't make these sales in person.

:bang: :bang: :bang:
CardiacKid
Legend

cromartie wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:07 pm
The $50 Rebok game used jerseys were nice, but mostly players who didn't sell in previous years. Guys who were never stars, and some who may have only been in the lineup for pre-season.

This drives me crazy. Auction this stuff off if it doesn't sell. This isn't rocket science. You purport to be a franchise that represents an entire province, yet do nothing to make events like this accessible to fans who can't make these sales in person.

The Schmoes have an online auction that includes a few jerseys and signed items. They also auctioned off the uprights wrap from the Pink Day game.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

cromartie wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:07 pm

It only takes a phone call to the Lions office after the locker room sale. That's how I got my Olafioye game helmet and home game-worn jersey. I bought it a few days after the 2015 locker room sale and they shipped it to me. It's also how I got my Ty Chatman jersey several years ago. I just called them up and asked if they had any leftovers for game used gear.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:25 pm
$50 bucks for a pro game used jersey? Steal. Regardless of who wore it (and you're not going to find an Adam Bighill for that price, so it came as no surprise that these were lesser knowns).

The biggest rip-off I could find was last year's media guide (2017) going for $20.00. Seriously? I mean, $5.00, sure. Would have bought it. Max $10.00.

I did find some nice Adidas items for Christmas gifts at 30% off. I wasn't complaining.

I wonder if that was a simple error of omission of the discount on the media guide. You can buy it for $10, marked down from $20, through the Lions online store on their website.
David
Team Captain

For those of you who missed it - video link below:

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🎥 2017 Locker Room Sale!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BCLions?src ... BCLions</a> fans scored some new swag, enjoyed a 🥞 breakfast and got to meet new General Manager Ed Hervey! 🦁 🎁 🏈<br><br>WATCH 👇 👇 👇 <a href="https://t.co/BHw94pXxmW">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; BC Lions (@BCLions) <a href=" 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

As of this writing, the Lions have 8 game-worn home jerseys and 4 game-worn away jerseys for sale online for $250, along with 5 game-worn home helmets and 5 game-worn away helmets for $350. Many prominent names are included.

Hambone
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:07 pm
As of this writing, the Lions have 8 game-worn home jerseys and 4 game-worn away jerseys for sale online for $250, along with 5 game-worn home helmets and 5 game-worn away helmets for $350. Many prominent names are included.

Aw. You shouldn't have told me that BCF. I managed to show some constraint and avoided calling the office this week. I just had to look after your post. Willpower is fading.

But hey for the married folks out there they have a nice his and hers set of game worn home jerseys. For the man there as a Husband jersey. For the little woman or significant other there's a Yell jersey. ;)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Aw. You shouldn't have told me that BCF. I managed to show some constraint and avoided calling the office this week. I just had to look after your post. Willpower is fading.

But hey for the married folks out there they have a nice his and hers set of game worn home jerseys. For the man there as a Husband jersey. For the little woman or significant other there's a Yell jersey. ;)
Ha! My wife’s a big Purifoy fan so I had to show her that his gear is available. Fortunately I just bought her a gift today so there was no temptation to indulge. But now you’ve got me thinking about a Husband jersey ...
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:00 pm
Hambone wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Ha! My wife’s a big Purifoy fan so I had to show her that his gear is available. Fortunately I just bought her a gift today so there was no temptation to indulge. But now you’ve got me thinking about a Husband jersey ...
We did matching jerseys from last year’s locker room sale, home and away Steward jerseys. His jersey is like a night dress on my wife but we wanted to show united support for the sort of local Victoria lad.
I grabbed the home jersey for JJ24 from the current online sale, I was surprised it was available but happy it was..
cromartie
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Now see, how hard was that? A game used home helmet will make a nice addition to the man cave. All they had to do was put the stuff online.