CFL All-Stars

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Exactly. I'm well aware of the All-Star format. It and your comment only further reinforce my point IMO; not enough respect to even accommodate for the possibility of inclusion (and by that I'm of course not assuming you've personally no appreciation for FBs), Just saying. They're players too. And some in that position are better than others, i.e. are the very best at what they do, and why not invite them to the party? I for one would be interested to know who among them are considered the best by their coaches and peers. That's all. Shouldn't be a hardship. The current format isn't divinely ordained, is it? I'm not losing any sleep over it, but the omission just struck as I looked the list over. Just my 2-cents worth, and not a penny more!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 pm
My pet peeve about this list is the apparent complete oversight of the FB position! Apparently Rolly Lumbala and his fellow fullback/blocking backs are optional and/or completely disposable! I'd like to see how things would run in any given game without 'em! It's an insulting slight that really appalls me. Do both lists disrespect the position? I'd hope the Players Association would at least fully respect their own.
The CFL all-star selections were revised this year to include one running back and five receivers to reflect the most common deployment of personnel. In the past voters had selected two running backs and four receivers.

The CFLPA all-star team is much more specific. It includes a fullback (Declan Cross of the the Argos was this year's winner), two slotbacks and two wide receivers. Bryan Burnham and Duron Carter didn't make the CFLPA list but Darvin Adams of the Bombers did.