CFL Final Nissan Titan Power Rankings

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Who cares? LOL

Carrying on ...

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/07/argos-ris ... -rankings/

CFL.ca Staff

CFLPowerRankings

— — — — — –
Edmonton

This Week: 1 | Last Week: 1

The Eskimos avoided becoming the crossover team last week with a win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Now, Edmonton will travel to Blue Bomber territory as they face Winnipeg in the West Semi-Final.
Hmmm. Really? Reilly. Yeah. They finished strong. Mad Man Maas. I think he just might be a good coach, though.

Toronto

This Week: 2 | Last Week: 4

The stakes were high for Marc Trestman’s Argonauts and they rose to the occasion. With their fate in their own hands, Toronto defeated the Lions to move into first in the East Division. Now, the Argos have a week of rest before they return to the BMO Field to take on the winner of the East Semi-Final.
Looking pretty good. Trestman. Ray. Wilder.

Saskatchewan

This Week: 3 | Last Week: 2

The Roughriders will look to become the first team to cross over into the East Division and make the Grey Cup starting with a win in Ottawa this weekend. All eyes will once again be on the quarterback situation for the Riders as Brandon Bridge relieved Kevin Glenn last week.
They play tough. I expect they will be even better next year. Will they try to upgrade at quarterback next year?
Calgary

This Week: 4 | Last Week: 3

The Stampeders head into a bye week riding a three-game losing streak as they await the winner of the West Semi-Final. Don’t count out Calgary, however, as the Stampeders still have the offensive weapons and a strong defence to start winning again.
#4. A fall from grace. Be nice if they got knocked out in the Western Final.
Ottawa

This Week: 5 | Last Week: 5

The REDBLACKS will host the Riders in the East Semi-Final this week at TD Place. It’ll be Trevor Harris’ first start in the post-season and all eyes will be on him and his ability to handle the pressure.
Don't know what to expect from these guys. Did Henry Burris make such a difference? Possibly.
Winnipeg

This Week: 6 | Last Week: 6

Blue Bombers fans will get to witness the first home playoff game since 2011 this week as the Bombers welcome the Eskimos. Matt Nichols’ status is still unknown after not playing in the team’s win last week. Can the Bombers’ depth pull them through the playoffs or will the injuries catch up to them when it matters most?
Go Andrew. Coach 'em up, Mike and Paul.

Hamilton

This Week: 7 | Last Week: 7

Hamilton put on a show in front of their home crowd in the team’s last game of the season. The Tabbies defence shut out the Alouettes and the offence, led by Jeremiah Masoli, put up 33 points. Three receivers – Jalen Saunders, Luke Tasker and Brandon Banks – also hit the 1000-yard mark on the season as the team looks ahead to 2018.
I hope June Jones is back. I guess there is no way he could end up in B.C., is there? LOL

B.C.

This Week: 8 | Last Week: 8

The Lions didn’t finish the season how they would have hoped – a loss to the Toronto Argonauts will be the last thing on their minds as they head into the off-season. Will it still be Wally Buono behind the bench next season? Only time will tell.
Humble Pie. How did we get into this mess? Well, the offence had issues. The defence had issues. Special teams had issues. Morale was a problem. Game planning had issues. I think it is fair to say there were coaching issues. Other than that, oh yeah, ownership was an issue. And that continues.
Montreal

This Week: 9 | Last Week: 9

After a difficult season, the Alouettes look ahead to 2018. Will they have a new coach in place? Who will be at quarterback once the season starts next June? Those are questions that are sure to be answered over the next few months.
Coach? Quarterback? I think the bigger issue is General Manager.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Schussing down the slope. OK, it could be a slalom.

Can't go much lower.

Are we going to have a nice rebound next year?

2017-11-07_0551.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I’m a bit surprised to see Winnipeg at No. 6. I would rank them at least ahead of Saskatchewan, and possibly Ottawa. A lot depends on the health of Matt Nichols but I still don’t see them beating Edmonton.

The Lions at No. 8 is about right. They’re a talented team that underperformed in all three phases of the game.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:00 am
I’m a bit surprised to see Winnipeg at No. 6. I would rank them at least ahead of Saskatchewan, and possibly Ottawa. A lot depends on the health of Matt Nichols but I still don’t see them beating Edmonton.

The Lions at No. 8 is about right. They’re a talented team that underperformed in all three phases of the game.
Winnipeg was the little engine that could this year.

Full credit to O'Shea, LaPolice and Hall.

Also to Nichols and Harris. Those guys must have given great leadership. Harris has such determination.