Lions 36 - Bombers 27, Post-Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Our passing attack was very, very effective. Khari put together a good game plan.

Our talent looks fine. Competitive.

Some will say we did not execute in losses. Others will look to our coaching.

Our guys showed their pride.

More comments and stats coming.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Jennings doing what he can do, with good game planning and play calling.

30/40. 75%. 408 yards. 4 TDs. One INT on a bobble by the receiver. Yes, it was a high pass, but well within catching range of both hands.

Lots of pressure on him by the Bombers defence but we had enough quick hitters in the protection package.

2017-10-28_1612.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rainey was our 'secret' weapon this year. Even at his size, IMO his skills make him effective as an inside runner. Same size as Willie Fleming.

Tough for this fan to see that head to head tackle on Harris.

2017-10-28_1614.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That was an outstanding game by Jennings. He is a good quarterback when he makes quick decisions and he did that today, beating the blitz and repeatedly burning the Bombers deep.

I don’t like Winnipeg’s chances in the playoffs. Their talent was never great and they’ve lost too many key players at a crucial time of the season.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Attaway, Bryan Burnham. Classy guy. Awesome receiver. :thup:

Way to go, Manny. :thup:

And there is that Rainey guy again. :thup:

Nick had a productive game. :thup:

2017-10-28_1617.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Huge differential in time possession. But we made it close towards the end, as we like to do.

2017-10-28_1620.png

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:16 pm
That was an outstanding game by Jennings. He is a good quarterback when he makes quick decisions and he did that today, beating the blitz and repeatedly burning the Bombers deep.

I don’t like Winnipeg’s chances in the playoffs. Their talent was never great and they’ve lost too many key players at a crucial time of the season.
The stats are great for JJ. At times there were a lot of missed open downfield REC in the 2nd half in that stint in the game when Jennings looked a bit off his game. I was surprised he wasn't going long then.

Given the Bombers loss of their starter and the 7 FGs (?) scored by Medlock - had they been converting any of those to TDs it might have been a different result. Having said that it might have been a good test for Jennings as he's not been his old self for some of this season.

It was clear before the hit on Andrew Harris that one of Dan Lefevour's hospital passes would get someone killed sooner or later. I know he's not played for hardly any of his 5 years in the CFL but he tossed some horrible passes to guys coming out of the backfield.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Fun game to watch. CFL action.

The Bombers really miss Matt Nichols. Somewhat surprising the fall off when he is out. LeFevour has been around the league for a while now. He does not look like he has that much to offer.

We got one kick blocked again. D'oh

Is that on Simmons or on Wally? Simmons is the ST coordinator. But STs is one place where Wally gets actively involved during practice.

Funniest line for me. Dunigan, after an end over end ball thrown by LeFevour to Harris: "Option pass. Catch it at either end. I learned that pass from Tom Wilkinson." LOL

Fun game. Back later ...

MacNews
Team Captain

Nice to see a win, Winnipeg's starting QB gets injured in the first quarter and we win by only a few points. Whew. Good thing Nichols didn't come back.

Why did we use Rainey as RB? How come we didn't use Lumbala more on the goal line and on 3rd and inches? Rainey is quick but of course he doesn't have the power, or girth, of Lumbala.
maxlion
Legend

It is virtually impossible to lose to a team playing the qbs that the Bombers played today. The Bombers did well to keep it close. Good to see Jennings and Rainey have good games.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Why didn't command over rule the blocked punt for a touchdown that was clearly touched down. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
leo4life
All Star

Meh nothing to see here Lions beat a Bomber squad minus their starting QB/RB...meaningless contest
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Of all the new players who were activated from the practice roster, I thought Kendall James was the only one who was noticeable at field corner. He was involved in one breakdown where Purifoy pointed to him after the play but he had a nice knockdown in the end zone on the play where Nichols came up lame and was he credited with two tackles.

Keavon Milton struggled at right tackle. Tyler Davis was pounded on punt returns but at least he held onto the ball. Luther Maddy and Kourtnei Brown were each credited with one defensive tackle but they didn’t stand out on the defensive line.
David
Team Captain

leo4life wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:17 pm
Meh nothing to see here Lions beat a Bomber squad minus their starting QB/RB...meaningless contest
Maybe so, but it was still the Lions' most complete game in months with a score that frankly, flattered the Bombers. Jennings looked decisive and confident (the '2016' model, if you will). The club can't control who gets hurt, they have to go out and beat whomever is lined up against them.

No, the Bombers weren't the same team without Nichols, but before he went down, our defense looked like they were going to play him tough. As for Harris, he didn't come out of the game 'til the 4th quarter, so you can't really say "minus their starting RB." Besides, we were without ours.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

leo4life wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:17 pm
I have to go along with this too. While I was happy for the win, this was not a knock em out of the park contest. First, it was the 2nd and 3rd string QB, they were playing against most of the game. I don't care if Harris was still in there, he is only one man. It wasn't only Nichols who was out for the Bombers and to be realistic, there were some moments that were just down right lucky for us.

The Rainey catch is broken up 9 times out of 10. Every time we put a little space between us, we gave it right back. Especially in the second quarter. We score a TD, follow that with a missed PAT, then an illegal kickoff, we allow the Bombers to get two FG's before the half wiping out any momentum we had after the score.

We managed a 9 point win over a toothless Bomber squad today. There were good points about the Lions today but against a healthier Bomber Squad, I'm not sure we would have prevailed.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.