Lions at Bombers Oct. 28, 2017

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:07 pm
Ballistic Bob wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 pm
I didn't think it was tsn responsibility to look at touchdowns or change of possessions but CFL command
TSN provides the video replay to the command centre. I don’t know if the command centre has access to video before TSN shows it. They didn’t used to. That’s why the command centre couldn’t look at video during commercial breaks. They had to wait for TSN to return to the air to show the replays.
Brian Williams had a good segment on replay just a couple weeks ago. It took the cameras into the command centre. It was enlightening in that they showed the CC crew in action and I think dispels some of the misconceptions and urban myth about what goes on. It's definitely not 70 year old Jake Ireland sitting in front of a TV.
I like any segments done by Brian Williams. I don't get why he isn't doing more of these feature stories as he's great at that.

My take was a bit different. I didn't come away with as warm a feeling on their process as you .

I expected the team sitting closer together with one lead guy making a call and the others confirming or showing their view as to why it was wrong. I know it must be done in seconds.

I maybe need to see it again - in fact I think I should as maybe I felt too quickly that the process wasn't quite as a good as a I thought.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy